Loaders?

Help Support CattleToday:

gendronf":3n6w763k said:
My opinion. A loader on a tractor it's like a tonka toy.
You can get a good used industrial loader not very expensive.
I bought 5 years ago a JD 544 A 1976 for $16,000. That's a real loader. I got over 1000 hours on it and cost me only fuel and oil. I also have a tractor case (5220) with a loader case. It's a toy compare to my 544A.

I would have to agree with you. There are just too many things a loader can do that a front end bucket on a tractor can't.

Grippie":3sv4zxgs said:
I am thinking of purchasing a JD 2840 and then buying an after market loader for it. Does anyone know any loader manufacturer names that I can research? I have been "Googling" but I can't seem to come up with anything other than Koyker.
I know there are more out there, but I can't seem to find em'

points in the right direction greatly appreciated...

Loader Super Center in Idabel, OK can fix you up. I bought an EZZ ON from them for my 285 Massey. I have a 640 JD on my JD 6420 with no problems.

gendronf":26sndnas said:
My opinion. A loader on a tractor it's like a tonka toy.
You can get a good used industrial loader not very expensive.
I bought 5 years ago a JD 544 A 1976 for $16,000. That's a real loader. I got over 1000 hours on it and cost me only fuel and oil. I also have a tractor case (5220) with a loader case. It's a toy compare to my 544A.

yeah a tractor with a bucket is not as rugged as an industrial but I'm not using mine for digging ponds or in a bunk.. I use the loader for butchering hogs/beef and moving round bales. I dont need an earth mover for that.A tractor w/loader is all I need. (Well, anything other than a JD loader) :)[/img]

The top three loader by far are

1. Westendorf
2. Westendorf
3. Westendorf

:) Really they are the cadillac of loaders, the new ones are contured to add better visibility and they are built tougher than any others I've seen. The Mechanical Self Leveling is the cat's behind as well. Way better than the JD loader I had before, and I even got a green one so it matches the tractor (on a JD 6420). I had an allied earlier and it was a very well built loader, never had any problems, if on a budget I might go that route, it just didn't have many of the frills the Westendorf has, and not as good of visibility.

Grippie,

Don't know if Koyker is available in your part of the country but I just put one on my old 1486 and it works great! It comes off the tractor by removing a couple of pins and bolts and of course, disconnecting the hydraulic hoses. It even has a couple of stands built in that fold down to support it while off the tractor.

Changing between the bucket and the hay spear takes less that two minutes - it's pretty simple.

Oh, yea. It's built in the good ole USA!

Farmhand make some that are green, also have seen Bush Hog, Great Bend, Koyker, Westendorf all put on JD tractors, some of those are quick attach.

Cabo":2patz5vy said:
Loader Super Center in Idabel, OK can fix you up. I bought an EZZ ON from them for my 285 Massey. I have a 640 JD on my JD 6420 with no problems.

Cabo - Did your Massey come out of Brinkley's?

Latest posts