Loaders?

Help Support CattleToday:

Grippie

Reaction score
I am thinking of purchasing a JD 2840 and then buying an after market loader for it. Does anyone know any loader manufacturer names that I can research? I have been "Googling" but I can't seem to come up with anything other than Koyker.
I know there are more out there, but I can't seem to find em'

points in the right direction greatly appreciated...

Bush Hog, Alo, and then of course the OEM's have them also. I have an Alo on one and a Ford on the other. Both work well. I have a friend that has a Bush Hog and it works well also. Other than that, I don't know much else about them.

Grippie":3php05mn said:
Do the loaders that you have unattach from the tractor easily?

thanks!

Most all new loaders have a quick attach system. My favorite one that I own is a Bush Hog brand. A model 2846 would fit your tractor, there may be a model bigger/smaller that I don't know of, though.

Grippie":219ffqfh said:
thanks!
Mine is fairly easy. Flip two toggle blocks up in the front. Undo the bunge cords on the slack.Back out. Unhook the hydraulic lines. I do have to "string" the lines back over the axle when hooking back up. It was plumbed this way when I got it. Setting up a new system I would try to locate the couplings about mid-way in the system. If you'll go look at some new and some old you'll see what I'm saying.

edit to add brand: Westendorf

alabama":3oyen1k7 said:
Get a JD to go on a JD tractor.

I have a new JD 5203 with a JD510 loader now. great little tractor. Terrible loader. Nothing but problems. I've never abused it and maintain my stuff well. I love JD tractors, but will never buy a JD loader again.
My neighbor bought a new 5525 and a new JD loader. He's had problems with his also...

Grippie":1w238uss said:

thanks!

Yes, most do. Both the Bush Hog and ALO's do that I used. I liked the Bush Hog but then I like the Alo also.

Cfpinz, ya trying to start something with your color sayings? :lol:

flaboy-":19bt1txo said:

I'm not trying to start anything, just trying to be helpful. :lol:
I thought you'd be a Ford man, too, with all those trucks you got! 8)

Given a choice I'll take a Ford anyday, but for the right price I'll drive almost anything. :lol:

I love JD tractors, but will never buy a JD loader again.
My neighbor bought a new 5525 and a new JD loader. He's had problems with his also...[/quote]

What problems are you having. I have a JD 4720 with a 400X - no problem. A JD 5525 with a 542 SL loader with no problems.

Other than factory loaders, I hear good things about the Great Bend loaders.

D.

What problems are you having. I have a JD 4720 with a 400X - no problem. A JD 5525 with a 542 SL loader with no problems.

Other than factory loaders, I hear good things about the Great Bend loaders.

D.[/quote]
When changing implements (round bale spear/ bucket) A pin breaks in the timing bar, making it almost impossible to hook up to anything because the "arms" will not run at the same speed. This problem would never be noticed if you don't take the bucket on and off... It's very frustrating. The only thing the company would do for us is weld a bar between the two arms, forcing them to run at the same speed. they were very disagreeable with me. They even tried to say that the whole problem occured becasue I wasnt using an original JD bale spear... yeah right.

D.[/quote]
When changing implements (round bale spear/ bucket) A pin breaks in the timing bar, making it almost impossible to hook up to anything because the "arms" will not run at the same speed. This problem would never be noticed if you don't take the bucket on and off... It's very frustrating. The only thing the company would do for us is weld a bar between the two arms, forcing them to run at the same speed. they were very disagreeable with me. They even tried to say that the whole problem occured becasue I wasnt using an original JD bale spear... yeah right.[/quote]

Wild - both of my loaders have a bar between the two arms - down at the bucket attachment point.

Your JD dealers sounds like he is full of crap.

D.

cfpinz":huzw46vq said:
flaboy-":huzw46vq said:

Given a choice I'll take a Ford anyday, but for the right price I'll drive almost anything. :lol:

Oh, I am a Ford man for sure. It's a real shame Ford got out of the tractor business. My Ford tractor is yellow. :lol:

"Wild - both of my loaders have a bar between the two arms - down at the bucket attachment point.

Your JD dealers sounds like he is full of crap".

That's the story I got from the factory, after the local dealer jerked me around. By the way, I know of two other people that have bought new JD's w/loaders. All have had the same problem.

flaboy-":vgp06sgi said:
cfpinz":vgp06sgi said:
flaboy-":vgp06sgi said:

Oh, I am a Ford man for sure. It's a real shame Ford got out of the tractor business. My Ford tractor is yellow. :lol:

Ah, industrial strength! :D

I hear you on the old Fords. I spent most of my childhood on 4000s and 5000s. Dad still has most of them around.

My dad and I looked at four brands to go on his Case....

* Allied
* GB (Great Bend)
* Koyker
* Westendorf

All four are solid brands. We went with the Allied. Seem to leave less "stuff" on the tractor when the loader was not on the tractor.

My opinion. A loader on a tractor it's like a tonka toy.
You can get a good used industrial loader not very expensive.
I bought 5 years ago a JD 544 A 1976 for $16,000. That's a real loader. I got over 1000 hours on it and cost me only fuel and oil. I also have a tractor case (5220) with a loader case. It's a toy compare to my 544A.

Latest posts