Llama hunting in Montana

Help Support CattleToday:

That was just one of 4.

Had a New York judge years ago that was driving down Interstate 90 between Livingston and Bozeman, saw a couple of bull elk pulled over and shot both from the road.
They were game farm elk.
No Hunting signs were on every other fence post.
he was walking down there to tag them when he was caught. No idea of how he thought he was going to get them home with his little sports car.

Had to re-imburse the owner, got fined for everything and I think he couldn't hunt here for a certain number of years.

cfpinz":1wyf7kth said:
Anyone heard from Oldtimer? I wonder if he's opened up a llama guide service:

http://www.huntthewest.com/updates2009/llama.htm

:lol2: :lol2: Darn- I don't even know where there are any tame llamas in this area....

That reminds me of many a year ago- and I had a buddy that was always pulling something...He showed up at the place one afternoon antelope hunting- just when we were using the loader tractor to drag out my old stud horse that had colicked and died earlier in the day... He immediately wants to know if he can have that dead horse...I said sure- save me from hauling it off...

First thing is he fires a bullet hole thru it- then wants to try and load it on the fender of his old pickup (but its way too big) so we put it in the back of his shortbox-with tail hanging over the tailgate and feet hanging over the side- and he proceeds to drive to town to one of the local watering holes where he sticks his elk tag on one leg so its fluttering in the breeze and parks right out front so everyone coming or going can see it....
Said it was such a conversation piece he never had to buy a drink that night... ;-)

That's a pretty good one OT. :lol2: :lol2:
yeah we get bored and come up with some pretty good jokes.

Hubby killed a rattle snake on his way into town and threw in the back of his flat bed. When he got to the bar he backed in so the flat bed was right at the side walk. He then coiled up that snake and set him in the shade of the board and went inside to watch the fun.
He said he never saw so many people jump so high. A couple of his friends threatened to wrap the snake around his neck, but then just sat there with him to watch too. :roll:

Also several years ago--- a fellow I know shot a big 6 point bull elk out in the Missouri Breaks.. He needed to get some friends with a team of horses to drag it out of the big coulee it was in...This was back before stock trailers were common- and when everyone used pickups and stock racks which they used to haul the horses out...

After they got the elk drug up to the pickup- they drug it on the pickup box- and stood the by then rigored/frozen stiff carcass in the back of the pickup- and tied/blocked it in there so it looked like it was alive and looking over the top of the stock rack.. This outfit also ended up in front of the downtown water holes for sometime... ;-)

Latest posts