Liquid Lime

Help Support CattleToday:

No. Why would anyone even consider it? It is easier to spread in it's naturally dry state.

NWMoAngus":1y19o5ua said:
No. Why would anyone even consider it? It is easier to spread in it's naturally dry state.

Just a guess, maybe immediate results. Idk

Good question Bigfoot. Have a pasture that needs 5000 lb acre. My area is irrigated crop land and no need for lime on our crops. No ag. Lime close and no spreader in my county or surrounding counties. You are right that the Ag. Lime would be the best. Not enough revinue from this pasture to pay someone to come in and do this.

See Aggrand for website. Cost is not bad but you have to apply after each cutting for effect. Have three very small test plots. One with nothing applied, one with fertilizer and the other with lime and fertilizer. Only bought the smallest amount so only have 7.00 in this . Will let you know results. I live in Mississippi Delta of Arkansas.

Pointer1160":u6hoterx said:
See Aggrand for website. Cost is not bad but you have to apply after each cutting for effect. Have three very small test plots. One with nothing applied, one with fertilizer and the other with lime and fertilizer. Only bought the smallest amount so only have 7.00 in this . Will let you know results. I live in Mississippi Delta of Arkansas.

I get lime 22 bucks a ton.

If you apply lime here at the rate recommended 1 to 2 tons to the acre you are looking at $50 to $100 per acre. Plus commercial fertilizer will increase the acidity.

I looked at aggrand site and did some figuring I could be wrong but label says 32oz to 10 gallons of water and that will teat 1000 sqft so in each gallon of concentrate it has enough to do 4000 sq ft. There is 43560 sq ft in an acre so you would need 10.89 gallons to do an acre site says its $9.44 cents a gallon so that's $102.80 without tax and shipping. I cut 300 give or take some acres in hay so that's $30,840.00 in some year I cut 3 times a year mostly 2 times a year. Oh yea I didn't calculate any fuel costs to do the spraying. I will stick to the old school way I personally can't afford to sink more in that spray than what I would make on cattle.
Edit: I could be wrong but that's what I figured up

Latest posts