Limousin heifer (pic)

Help Support CattleToday:

Farmgirl

Reaction score
DSC00022.jpg

This is our Limousin heifer. She is 18 months old. Weighs 1100 pounds. She was AIed this past spring and settled on the first service. She is 18 weeks bred to a bull named Mags Kaboom. Her disposition is the best.

What do you think?

Farmgirl

I wouldn't mind having her in my pasture. She has a very nice front end on her.

Thanks for the compliments. We can't take credit for all of the surroundings in the picture. The house you see isn't ours.

This girl has a sweetheart disposition. Not at all like the limos that I read about on this board. After I posted, realized she is 19 months old instead of 18 months. We think we lucked up on a good one with her. Guess we will really know after she has her calf. So far so good.

Farmgirl

She looks almost like a sister to the heifer we bought last spring.
cattlepictures089.jpg

bred to our red angus bull...should have a march calf.
Ours is still a bit spooky, will tolerate a sniff and a head rub at the feed bunk but thats all.
Like your girl...DMc

Farmgirl":1u7us5gx said:
DSC00022.jpg

This is our Limousin heifer. She is 18 months old. Weighs 1100 pounds. She was AIed this past spring and settled on the first service. She is 18 weeks bred to a bull named Mags Kaboom. Her disposition is the best.

What do you think?

Farmgirl
Great looking heifer! Lots of today's Limi's are not as hyper as they were at one time a few years ago. Spend a little time with her every few days or so. Calm and easy - calm and easy - say sweet nothings to her - five minutes - walk away. Maybe some small hay cubes by hand. Walk away. Make her seek you out. Just like flirting! You know! :roll: :lol:

Check out "The Limi Bull - Josie "Whales" from a previous post from HatCreekFan. THOSE two should have fine calves!

DOC HARRIS

Congratulations! Kaboom is a good choice. I would like to see a little more REA, but the rest is very acceptable. You should have a "Poppin'" calf!

DOC HARRIS

Latest posts