Life . . . Soup bones or steak ??

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp

Reaction score
In life, sometimes you can give soup bones and sometimes you can give steak, even though you may have both. It can be mind-bending and heart-breaking, to sort it out where it's most needed. Someone will not be happy about how it's divided -- even you, doing the divisions -- because someone that got a soup bone instead of steak isn't happy, even though that steak is really what you wanted for them. But another will be truly grateful, for that small steak -- it might have changed a life. And this is not a discussion about beef.

Soup bones make for the basis of some great food. Steak is quick and short lived.
I like both

I agree Hook, the soup bone is the start to many great things that can only get better with age and ingredients.

The steak is a quick and easy, to fill the void. Get your soup bone, and then start building the best soup ever with hard work , honor ,respect and dignity. That is what will be fulfilling, rewarding and feed your soul for a life time .

The steak ,like a fillet or rib eye should be only after you have perfected the soup .

Sadly a lot of our society wants the creme de la creme without ever learning how to "cook" or to bring home the proverbial soup bone .

I'm having steak. And I'll grow it, harvest it, and cook it, myself. Although I'll be having my own soup along the way.

Good timing... I very literally just had an arguement with my wife over soup bones,venison, or homegrown chicken in our freezer vs. store-bought steak... Nobody ever gets ahead by eating steak all the time no matter how much money you have. A penny saved is a penny earned in my book. When we give, it's in hamburger as we always end up with more than we can use and it's versitile enough that nothing goes to waste... If they complain about hamburger, they're SOL. :lol:
As a side note, why do we still have people that need handouts when over half of the nation has a front yard full of grass that should be put in veggies? Mine is in veggies and I can afford storebought steak and veggies even though I don't want to pay for them. :???: I like to help other people who know how to grow their own veggies both literally and figurativly.

I think its all about how you view things. You can covet someone's steak and spit on your soup bone or you can look at your bone and see a wonderful delicious pot of stew.

Jogeephus":e23vxhtl said:
I think its all about how you view things. You can covet someone's steak and spit on your soup bone or you can look at your bone and see a wonderful delicious pot of stew.

1198133656_yrLte-Ti.jpg

I think you gotta be careful worrying about what others think though. Near and dear adds some other things to the equatiion but you still can't dwell on what others think cause they are going to think what they think no matter how hard you try. All you can do is do your best for them and if that's not enough its their loss.

Sometimes, it seems lie ya just get a soup stone--but it's not just what you take from the soup pot that matters--it's also what you get out of it.

Well, this was more about a discussion with a family member about how I could have or should have spent time where I really wanted to spend time, but where my time was spent as really needed for others less fortunate than that fam member. It's created a rift, but I think it's fixable. I hope it's fixable. The steak just might have to come later.

hillsdown":2rcpm6co said:
I agree Hook, the soup bone is the start to many great things that can only get better with age and ingredients.

The steak is a quick and easy, to fill the void. Get your soup bone, and then start building the best soup ever with hard work , honor ,respect and dignity. That is what will be fulfilling, rewarding and feed your soul for a life time .

The steak ,like a fillet or rib eye should be only after you have perfected the soup .

Sadly a lot of our society wants the creme de la creme without ever learning how to "cook" or to bring home the proverbial soup bone .
You are a wise woman my friend. :tiphat:

Kathie in Thorp":rykpp14q said:
Well, this was more about a discussion with a family member about how I could have or should have spent time where I really wanted to spend time, but where my time was spent as really needed for others less fortunate than that fam member. It's created a rift, but I think it's fixable. I hope it's fixable. The steak just might have to come later.
It is imposible to be everything to everyone. One of the sicknesses in our society is that everyone blames their unhappiness on someone elses actions. Sounds like in this case it's "I can't be happy because you didn't spend your time with me" and what's really being said is "I can't be happy..."and you're getting the brunt of it.

It is imposible to be everything to everyone. One of the sicknesses in our society is that everyone blames their unhappiness on someone elses actions. Sounds like in this case it's "I can't be happy because you didn't spend your time with me" and what's really being said is "I can't be happy..."and you're getting the brunt of it.

CP, I totally agree with this. And it really is becoming a major problem that so many people think they need someone or something else to make tham happy. So many seem incapable of being happy with/by themselves. It's kinda like when I meet with clients in their homes and they can't turn the TV/radio, etc off while we try to have a conversation. They're so used to the noise, Silence seems to frighten them.

CottageFarm":2kxzja92 said:

CP, I totally agree with this. And it really is becoming a major problem that so many people think they need someone or something else to make tham happy. So many seem incapable of being happy with/by themselves. It's kinda like when I meet with clients in their homes and they can't turn the TV/radio, etc off while we try to have a conversation. They're so used to the noise, Silence seems to frighten them.
CP and CF are right on the money.
Something that I heard recently that was profound and maybe along these same lines that can really help get you oriented right,

"What you think of me is not any of my business !!"

cow pollinater":2ci1yit7 said:
CottageFarm":2ci1yit7 said:
or something else to make tham happy.
You lost me there... Let me go grab another beer and think about that one for awhile. :hide:
Simply put: we made things to use and people to love.
Now we love things, and use people.

Latest posts