Life Regrets

Help Support CattleToday:

ohiosteve":38w7e5fv said:
jltrent":38w7e5fv said:
Dave":38w7e5fv said:
Amen, and there in are most of my biggest regrets.
+1000000000000000000000000000
The "evil we did do is fairly easy for me to understand. It's the "good" we did not do that I struggle with. For example should we give a dollar to every person on the corner with a sign that says "Vietnam vet, hungry and homeless"? I struggle with this and believe me I give to a lot of these people, ask anyone who knows me.
Do what you can, that's all anyone asks. You shouldn't have to go broke trying to help every person, because then you would be the one needing help. Just treat everyone fairly, care for the widows, orphans, and those not capable to help themselves. When you really feel that tug on your heart strings, that is when you need to act, and it would be wrong not too.
Maybe set aside a % of your income that you could live without, too help those in need, and when it's gone, that's all you give.
You could always give to shelters, or churches that are better capable helping those that are actually in need. If you are worried about getting scammed by some of the roadside beggars, or don't have time to stop and help all of them.

At the end of the day though, what you do, or don't do, for your fellow man, is between you and the Lord.

ohiosteve":32kkwb5r said:
jltrent":32kkwb5r said:
Dave":32kkwb5r said:
Amen, and there in are most of my biggest regrets.
+1000000000000000000000000000
The "evil we did do is fairly easy for me to understand. It's the "good" we did not do that I struggle with. For example should we give a dollar to every person on the corner with a sign that says "Vietnam vet, hungry and homeless"? I struggle with this and believe me I give to a lot of these people, ask anyone who knows me.
And that's where common sense and good judgement come into play (and you'll probably still be wrong sometimes)

Latest posts