Life can turn on a dime

Help Support CattleToday:

Understandable,
Amazing how quickly things can change. A couple of weeks ago my sons mother (my ex ) experienced some stroke like symptoms. Within a day of being in the hospital she was diagnosed with brain cancer and given a few months to live. That was quickly changed to days, and suddenly she was gone. It has been harder on me than I expected. My son is heart broken of course, which is incredibly difficult to see. I mean really, what can a person do?
Anyway, not really sure why I'm posing this as I'm usually pretty good at keeping my personal life to myself, maybe I just want anyone who happens to read this to take the time to see the good around you and let the people close to you know that you care. Life can change in a moment.
Condolences to you, your son and family.

Thanks for letting your guard down and letting your CattleToday family know. Of course this hits you...Good and bad....your ex was a part of your life for a time and then you are unable to fix your son's pain. Hell it hits us as well cause you are a "family member" of this board. I'm glad you let us know so we can send a little kind, thoughtfulness your way. Peace be with you.

Same thing happened with my MIL about 14 yrs ago. Vision got bad in November so went to have it checked and found a brain tumor. She lived another 4-5 months. Bad deal, I guess you never know.

It's difficult to put thoughts into words.. words that can help take away the pain and loss anyway. Life seems so unfair at times, tho I have also heard it stated that life is fine tho rich in hardships at times. This is one of those times. Hard enough when an old person passes after a long life and perhaps a lingering illness but so much harder on the family and friends when it happens suddenly with little warning and even less expectation. Difficult days lie ahead but friends and family can and will help fill the void somewhat, tho it will not be the same as 'before'. Be there for your son as we will all be here for you Silver, and for Rollinhills.

This sorrow awaits us all, as man born of woman is of few days and full of trouble..
Job14

Shakespeare put it another way.

Fear no more the heat o' the sun,
Nor the furious winter's rages;
Thou, thy worldly task hast done,
Home art gone, and ta'en thy wages:
Golden lads and girls all must,
As chimney-sweepers, come to dust.

Cymbeline, Act 4 scene 2

I'm so sorry to hear this. Praying for you @Silver and @rollinhills. Sudden death is so hard. My dad was killed suddenly in a snowy car accident just after I turned 9, and one of my brothers died one morning of a heart attack just a few years ago from a heart attack, when I was 16. Praying the Lord gives you strength, comfort, and peace in this difficult time.

These verses from Lamentations have been a comfort to me in hard times...

"This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.
It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness...
For the Lord will not cast off for ever:
But though he cause grief, yet will he have compassion according to the multitude of his mercies.
For he doth not afflict willingly nor grieve the children of men."
Lamentations 3

Silver and rollinhills - I'm sorry to hear of both of your losses, my deepest condolences.

We lost a good friend and cattleman locally here a few weeks ago. I was talking to a friend of mine at the funeral who lived a couple of miles from him and he commented "Bob was such an interesting guy, why didn't I spend more time with him?". Seems to be a common theme with good folks.

So sorry for the loss of loved ones, Silver and rollinhills.
I pray for peace and comfort to come to you and yours.

Latest posts