Let the unrolling begin..

Help Support CattleToday:

I haven't unrolled many bales this year but have done a few now. The only issue I'm having is what has been mentioned already and that is with hay that was made a little wet apparently.

I get down to where I have a good size of core left and it will not unroll. It wouldn't be an issue if i could just drop the thing and leave but the spikes will not come out because it's so tight. I have to basically crank it up some and just tear it apart by hand….It's not so much the unrollers fault as it is how the hay was made but pretty annoying.

I haven't unrolled many bales this year but have done a few now. The only issue I'm having is what has been mentioned already and that is with hay that was made a little wet apparently.

I get down to where I have a good size of core left and it will not unroll. It wouldn't be an issue if i could just drop the thing and leave but the spikes will not come out because it's so tight. I have to basically crank it up some and just tear it apart by hand….It's not so much the unrollers fault as it is how the hay was made but pretty annoying.
Sometimes you see them hauling butt unrolling in Greg's videos. Seems like it would have to come apart.

Latest posts