let me know what you think of this steer

Help Support CattleToday:

cattle gal

Reaction score
this steer is a red angus /charlais cross he will be 14 or 15 months old in april

PC050010.jpg

these are two pictures of my brothers steer let me know what you think of him the picture are from around christmas time i am going to take some new ones and post them shortly . but let me know what you think of these.

PC050011-1.jpg

How about pictures from his rear and front. He looks really solid, not as good your red angus I dont think though.

Needs to be a little stouter made and have more volume to suit me. Good luck.

he gets weighed again on the 20th of this month but at the last weighin he weighed just under 900lbs he has been eating 40 lbs of feed a day and if i push him he wont eat at all . he has been to 2 shows with my steer and at alachua he took a blue ribbon and at bartow he took 3rd in a class of 7 i will try to get some recent pictures of him today and post them

I like him, he could probably be a tad thicker across the top and a little deeper in the flank and heart girth, but like i said i like what i see. Them "nuts" too can be a sign of finish, the cod will fill with fat as the finish out, looks like he has plenty of fat on the pins too.

here is an updated picture of him he weighs about 950 right now and still gaining but he has made his weight for our fair .

cattlepictures125.jpg

the picture is not super good but he was not able to set jawbreaker ( the steer ) up cause his leg

Latest posts