Large Animal Vet

Help Support CattleToday:

TxCoUnTrYbOy

Reaction score
I am extremely interested in become a veterinarian after I get out of High School and College, specifically a large animal veterinarian. I want to go to Texas A&M, no where else. My parents have always told me to find what I want to do, and pick the best school for that. I have heard that because there is an extreme shortage of large animal vets in Texas, they are offering full scholarships for students joining the program. Does anyone know anything about this? I am planning on touring the vet facilities soon, but Id like to have some clue about it before I go in.

I have a first cousin who is now a large animal vet. He went to school in Springfield, MO-I think. Now a junior partner in West Plains, MO. I'd sure encourage you to do it. We need more good vets who specialize in farm animals.

I want to specialize in cattle. Ever since I raised my first steer 3 years ago, I knew that was my passion in life. I know it will be busting my butt on call 24/7, but its what I want to do.

good luck. i hope you are better at chemistry than i was. you are at an advantage getting in by being male however, nowadays. study hard, get as much hands on experience as you can before you apply. get a job with a vet, yesterday! again, good luck. it will be a rewarding experience if thats what you truly want to do.

and oh yeah, when you get out of vet school be sure and relocate to south georgia. thanks, beefy

Latest posts