Land lease Question

Help Support CattleToday:

But she is letting him bale hay already, just not sell it, as I understand the agreement. How would sellign it change anything to the casual observer other than provide proof you are in fact producing an agricultural commodity through reciepts.

3MR":2qsi8d8p said:
But she is letting him bale hay already, just not sell it, as I understand the agreement. How would sellign it change anything to the casual observer other than provide proof you are in fact producing an agricultural commodity through reciepts.

Dunno. You are right tho.

Warden, it sounds to me like the two of you had a good relationship for her to make a deal like that with you. You giving your word that you would use the hay was probably what tilted her to leasing you the place as opposed to someone else. I would go to her and tell her that you are very sorry for trying to get out of the lease. You made a mistake trying to get out of the lease, and you appreciate the opportunity to work with her and then uphold the terms of the lease. If you want to lease another place, sell the hay from that farm and use the hay from her farm for your cattle. You are only out expenses in brush hogging and haying, and sweat in cleaning fence rows. You arent paying cash rent. Most of us would think you have a great deal. However, if you feel you made a mistake in leasing the place, chalk it up to experience and follow through with the lease and repair the damage in the relationship. It wont break you financially. Most of us have made far more expensive mistakes to learn from. Good luck

Ok another twist in this land last week the women that is renting the house on the farm was charged with cultivating mary jane on it and the troopers told me they was going to fly this farm cause they suppect more dope on it i am a law enforcemnet official in my county and an elected one at that i dont want to be leasing a farm that has dope on it it could cost me a 75,000 job i had my attorney send her a letter explaining i wasnt going to do the lease now cause of this she called him gave him a piece of her mind and said she was taking me to court so see what i am dealing with this lady is mad at the world and is dead set on causing me trouble. so i am waiting to hear from her lawyer. It isnt worth me ruining my reputation over a 50 acre farm i am a man of my word and if this hadnt happened i was going to uphold lease but not now.

Looks to me that you have another excuse to wiggle out.

Personally, I stick to my guns. I now even feel more sorry for the owners of the property. They didn't plant the stuff. Looks to me like their mistake was trusting folks.

Sure wish I could take this off your hands.

Let's see:

You pay no money, maintain the fences and keep the hay but not sell it. suggestion: Grow hay on the other place, sell it and keep the hay from this place.

Someone was busted for growing dope there. Were you partners with them? If no, I would say you are fishing for an excuse.

You wanted out before, then you listened to the board and changed your mind, now you are scared by the dope news and want out again. I don't think that you are a man of your word.

If I was this lady, I would be mad as heck at you, sounds like she was trying to help you out.

Do you raise Polled Herefords?

Take care :cboy:

KMacGinley":8f1bk8np said:
Maybe you could fake your own Death. And get out of it that way. :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: Excuse me, gotta go change my pants! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe you should just stick to the 75,000 a year that you are paid, and stay out of cattle??

It is the same old "I am law enforcement, so I get a special deal " thingy.

AngusLimoX":3e1kxp5z said:
It is the same old "I am law enforcement, so I get a special deal " thingy.

All I know so far, is that I shouldn't shake on a deal with an "elected" law enforcement official from Kentucky. It is starting to get narrowed a bit.

how bout i give all you all that think i should saty with lease the lady your number and you lease it. If you all was an elected law enforcement officer and was leasing a farm that people was growing dope on and has done accused you of turning the people in would you like to put 30,000 worth of cattle up there for them to posion i am a man of my word most peopel would have let me out since no money was invloved but she wants to be difficult there is plenty of people who would take the farm and as far as my reputation and my word it is pretty darn good im on my third term and pretty well liked here in my county so dont be judging me when you dont know me.

warden":3a4y2div said:
how bout i give all you all that think i should saty with lease the lady your number and you lease it. If you all was an elected law enforcement officer and was leasing a farm that people was growing dope on and has done accused you of turning the people in would you like to put 30,000 worth of cattle up there for them to posion i am a man of my word most peopel would have let me out since no money was invloved but she wants to be difficult there is plenty of people who would take the farm and as far as my reputation and my word it is pretty darn good im on my third term and pretty well liked here in my county so dont be judging me when you dont know me.

All I know about you is what I have read in your posts. You can claim to be of your word all you want to but it sure doesn't seem like it to me. I wouldn't vote for you, based on what I see in this thread. This doesn't necessarily mean you are a bad person, but I know plenty of others who would watch my back if I ever got into a pinch. I'd always have my doubts with you.

It is not a matter of "judging" but rather a fact that you and I aren't cut from similar pieces of cloth.

thats ok i know who i am and you dont dont the situation either or this woman so that is ok i am a big boy and will handle it i wont ask you all for any more help.

warden":bum9goyt said:
thats ok i know who i am and you dont dont the situation either or this woman so that is ok i am a big boy and will handle it i wont ask you all for any more help.

That is your choice.

I am not speaking for the rest of the board here. I am simply speaking from the heart. Don't go judging the entire board based on how I feel about this. I am not sure how everyone else feels.

I have no opinion on the land lease deal, and maybe I'm out of line, but I have to say one thing. I find it hard to believe that an elected law enforcement official making $75,000 a year can't write a simple paragraph. You know, puctuation, capital letters, etc.

Sorry, I'm in a bad mood tonight. ;-)

As scarce as land for lease is becoming, if I were you I'd be sure I tied the place up. Big deal, you do some Bush Hogging, and clean up some fence rows. Could you sub-lease it to a buddy of your's?

The part I find strange is that you have to use the Hay for your own use...Who'd give a flip about selling it or keeping it for your own Cattle?

Dont worry about them Dopeheads growing a crop on the place. There's been a ton of Blackhawks around lately, they'll watch your back! ;-)

but they do so well on that kinda pasture.
Or do you think she looks alittle potbellied?
cowandgrass.jpg

very very strange it seems to me!
vanc i agree with you about and elected official that cannot compose simple sentences and spell worth a darn
not going to get my vote that is for sure

as far as the dope? would seem to me that any profecint law enforcment agency would make sure that any dope was totally destroyed thus eliminating the need for further inspections UNLESS they had reason to suspect someone!
not a valid excuse!
true colors show once again in our elected officials.

i get a better deal over there so the heck with the fact i PROMISED and signed a deal with someone else, i am elected and no expected to live up to my promises

Latest posts