Ky beef expo

Help Support CattleToday:

Ky cowboy

Reaction score
I went last year for the first time. Is any fellow kentuckians planning on attending. If I go it'll be on Saturday, debating on pulling a trailer or not if I take one I'll have to buy something.

Ky cowboy":2tm88jrg said:
I went last year for the first time. Is any fellow kentuckians planning on attending. If I go it'll be on Saturday, debating on pulling a trailer or not if I take one I'll have to buy something.

IMHO, there are some bargains to be had at their sale.

The top Angus bull sold real cheap I thought. You could tell the guy that showed him the ring was not happy but the new buyer was all smiles. I don't really need anything but want to go just to look around.

I like that you can watch several different breeds sell all in the same day.

Haven't been for several years, but used to go about every year on the day of the Charolais sale. Like Bigfoot said, there are several breeds holding shows and or sales a day there. One time we watched a Beefalo show, while waiting for the Charolais sale.

I was planning on going but like usual I got tied up with too much to do but my brother, sister in law, and baby niece is gonna make the trip. Always enjoyed it when I got to go.

FlyingLSimmentals":29qdk3rc said:
Just talked to my Sister in Law was told the Grand Champion Simmental Bull sold for $10,000.

I was unable to go. Wonder what some of the heifers went for in the pen heifer sale.

I wanted to go, but it's been sunny. In the rules, it says no fun will be had when it's sunny, unless you're having fun at work. Maybe next year......

Ky cowboy the pen heifers averaged 1400 and a few odd dollars don't remember the exact figure seen heifer go from 800 up to 2300

JSimmentals":10evdo0c said:
Ky cowboy the pen heifers averaged 1400 and a few odd dollars don't remember the exact figure seen heifer go from 800 up to 2300
Thanks. Wish I could of made it. Always next year.

Latest posts