Kuhn SR 110 speed rake wasn't so speedy

Help Support CattleToday:

Richardin52

Reaction score
Used my new speed rake for the first time on Friday but after about 50 feet the wheels bound right up with hay. I tightened the springs so the tines would be lighter on the ground but they bound right up again. Tried adjusting the angle to the hay- no change. I called the dealer and told them what was happening and while I was waiting to be transferred to a mechanic I stood back and looked at the rake. Now this ain't my first pin wheel rake and all of a sudden things just didn't look right. I'll bet a couple of you know what the problem was already.

The mechanic gets on and I ask him if he has a picture on one of these rakes. He gets one and I ask which way are the pin wheel tines pointing? He says on top of the wheels they point toward the back of the rake and I say you guys put the tines on backwards. :shock: Took them an hour to get there and change them. Took me 1/2 hour to rake a 10 acre field after. :cowboy: Nice rake, really fast.

You didn't see it when you took delivery? That's like putting your boots on the wrong foot.looks funny but takes a second to figure out what's wrong :lol:

Latest posts