Kubota M7060 or New Holland T4.75 or Case IH Farmall C75

Help Support CattleToday:

jd720

Reaction score
I`ve been tractor shopping looking at used in the 2015 or newer models with cab and 4x4. The New Holland T4.75 and the Case IH Farmall C75 are pretty much the same tractor different color. Does anyone on here have either of these and how do you like them ? The Kubota M7060 also looks like a pretty good tractor anyone have one of them ? I`ll mainly be using it to handle round bales and bush hogging so really don`t need more power. The biggest difference I see is the Kubota has what looks like a heavier front axle.

Out of those 3 I would go with the Kubota. From what I've seen the 4 series New Hollands are not near as good as the 5 and 6 series. I'm partial to Kubota though. We have a good dealer and I've had good luck out of them.

in my area better deals to be had on the cnh tractors , people are kubota crazy ( for good reason) . If i had a good dealer close id buy the blue/red ones too

Red Bull Breeder said:
None of them are big enough. Buy more hp and weight and you will be a lot happier in the long run.

It want cost that much more and the next size up tractor in both of these models is a lot better. I have the older non-tier, non-EPA M6800 and M9000 Kubotas. For my use I wish both were M9000 s as it is better all the way around. The M6800 is comparable to the Tier-4 M7060 in size and power.

jltrent said:
Red Bull Breeder said:
None of them are big enough. Buy more hp and weight and you will be a lot happier in the long run.

It want cost that much more and the next size up tractor in both of these models is a lot better. I have the older non-tier, non-EPA M6800 and M9000 Kubotas. For my use I wish both were M9000 s as it is better all the way around. The M6800 is comparable to the Tier-4 M7060 in size and power.

JL, I saw a 2005 Kubota M9000 with cab and loader sell for $32k last week at an auction. It was in really nice shape and had low hours, but that was way to high.

True Grit Farms said:
jltrent said:
Red Bull Breeder said:

JL, I saw a 2005 Kubota M9000 with cab and loader sell for $32k last week at an auction. It was in really nice shape and had low hours, but that was way to high.
With the low hours that would have been a nice tractor, but around 26k-27k should have bought it. I saw one sell last fall at Pro-team auction M9000-loader-4x4 with 2200 hrs. sell for 27k plus 10% buyers premium and you could see were the rear housing had been into recently.

BobbyLummus1 said:
in my area better deals to be had on the cnh tractors , people are kubota crazy ( for good reason) . If i had a good dealer close id buy the blue/red ones too

I live in Deere country. The less popular brands here are McCormick and Massy.

There is a Kubota dealer about 50 miles away. Why are folks Kubota crazy ?

good product and most importantly good dealers . Most of the Kubota dealers here are small family owned dealerships with one store . I like the big Deere dealers here locally too but its a different experience.. I'll take one of those clean M9000 4x4 cab/loader tractors for $30k if anyone has one , seems fair enough considering new cost of a M5-91

Can't give a comparison but I have had a M7060 for three years now, good tractor in many ways but is very light. Depending on the size of your rolls and terrain it may get a little "unbalanced". Also power as advertised but lack of traction is the limiting factor. I have fluid in the tires. Wish I had gone a size up, but again it depends on your needs. FWIW.

I bought a new 108 a few years back it has the cast rear wheels no fluid and is heavy enough it does a decent job of about most any thing I do. Traded a m9000 in on it, it was a tough tractor but a bit short on power and weight for what I do. Bought a new m5-111 last year and put a couple of rings of rear weights on it. It does handles round bales like they were nothing.

I think it is a good idea that whatever tractor one buys, it is best to get the smallest tractor in a bigger series rather than the biggest tractor in a smaller series. That way you get bigger components with less than max design power going through them. And it is always nice to have a little more tractor than what is actually needed.

next frame size up is the way to go . M7060 shares same chassis as the 50 and 60 hp HP models . Same with the JD . 85 HP and up gets you considerably more tractor . In regard to the weight of a Kubota . Weight cost money and if you need it , it can added to fit your needs . Not every application needs the weight , many tractors need to leave a light footprint on the ground traveled , A tractor can be properly ballasted to fit your needs so why should Kubota charge the ones that don't need it ? . Now in the bigger hp tractors most all need the weight i get that .

I have an M8560 Kubota which is the next size up and wish it was a little heavier, but we get a long fine with it. We make 4X5 silage bales and 4X5-1/2 ft. dry hay, would like bigger bales but the loader tractor is kind of the limiting factor. It is MFWD and has a loader, and may be fine with bigger bales but it is pretty easy to end up with a rear wheel off the ground as it is. It's been an excellent tractor though, had it exactly about 5 years and get's used pretty much every day. Haven't had a single problem with it.

Latest posts