Knowledge Central

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":3rza9lzx said:
HerefordSire":3rza9lzx said:
Venus = Mercury * (½ ( sqrt(3) + 1 )) ² = 1.866025

Venus = 1.000000 * 1.866025 = 1.866025

This post and the previous post are based upon Mercury being set normalized to one instead of earth. The geometric pattern is not visible by setting earth to one. However, the geometry patterns are startling if we set Mercury to one and then adjust all the other planets accordingly.

hmmm....are you saying you started with the answer and then worked backward???? :lol2: :lol2:

That is the way an artificial neural network works. First, get the actual answer. Then train a network through nodes containing weights that are adjusted (neurons). If the current node value is within a rerasonable target range of the actual known value, the all neuron weights can be saved to hard disk. The network is now trained. Then load the same weighted values when the target is not known to produce a projected unknown output. This is how our brains are believed to work.

SRBeef":3oikcn2w said:
You guys need more to do in the winter?

Jim...you may be too old to learn... :mrgreen:

A cycle is a rhythmic fluctuation that repeats over time with reasonable regularity. When it is sufficiently regular and persists over a long enough span of time, it cannot reasonably be the result of chance. And the longer a non-chance rhythm continues, the more predictable it becomes.

This theory can be applied to any life form to understand its nature and its predictable behaviors.

The following principles of cyclic behavior have been developed at the Foundation:

Rhythmic cycles are a characteristic of more than 500 different phenomena.

Cycles persist without change of period for as far back as there are data. After distortion, cycles will revert to the pre-distortion pattern.

Cycles of any period tend to have counterparts in other phenomena, and even in other disciplines.

Timing of cycles suggests a geographical pattern, regardless of phenomena.

Cycles of the same period tend to synchronize, or crest at the same calendar time, regardless of phenomena.

These factors suggest that the natural world is subject to powerful forces that trigger fluctuations in various phenomena. An identical rhythm in different phenomena implies an interrelationship, or common cause. The knowledge of predictable, repetitive patterns is a valuable tool in the scientific projection of many different phenomena.

http://www.foundationforthestudyofcycles.org/

HerefordSire":zp3cplsp said:
A cycle is a rhythmic fluctuation that repeats over time with reasonable regularity. When it is sufficiently regular and persists over a long enough span of time, it cannot reasonably be the result of chance. And the longer a non-chance rhythm continues, the more predictable it becomes.

This theory can be applied to any life form to understand its nature and its predictable behaviors.

Yep. I am starting to see a cycle here. :D :D :D

AND

Same folks come back with a new identity and can't get along with the same folks.......... More of that cycle thing. They probably didn't have many friends in HS

backhoeboogie":to00b9s9 said:
HerefordSire":to00b9s9 said:

Yep. I am starting to see a cycle here. :D :D :D

AND

Same folks come back with a new identity and can't get along with the same folks.......... More of that cycle thing. They probably didn't have many friends in HS

Congratulations on your new grandchild!

Where is my cigar? :mrgreen:

You post above was very good and was a good example of the way things really are in nature.

Thanks HS. My grandson is another cycle as I pass the torch to the next generations?

Have a cigar on me. Some day I'll buy you dinner if the opportunity arises.

27.71 inches of water column. A linear equation that has been burned into my brain for nearly 30 years now. Bernoulli's equation. Reynolds numbers. The square root of 2 for figuring 45 degree travel.

Now we have computers that convert everything for us. Life is good. I get lazy.

This photo looks like an eye and it is "only" two light years in diameter.

Here are some of my coded constants...

Code:
const double CMath::LIGHT_YEAR_KM	= 9.46053e12;		// in kilometers
const double CMath::LIGHT_YEAR_AU	= 63239.0;		// in astronomic unit 
const double CMath::AU_M			= 1.4959787066e+11;	// astronomic unit in meters
const double CMath::PARSEC		= 206265 * AU_M;	// = 3.26 light years

Explanation: Dust makes this cosmic eye look red. The eerie Spitzer Space Telescope image shows infrared radiation from the well-studied Helix Nebula (NGC 7293) a mere 700 light-years away in the constellation Aquarius. The two light-year diameter shroud of dust and gas around a central white dwarf has long been considered an excellent example of a planetary nebula, representing the final stages in the evolution of a sun-like star. But the Spitzer data show the nebula's central star itself is immersed in a surprisingly bright infrared glow. Models suggest the glow is produced by a dust debris disk. Even though the nebular material was ejected from the star many thousands of years ago, the close-in dust could be generated by collisions in a reservoir of objects analogous to our own solar system's Kuiper Belt or cometary Oort cloud. Formed in the distant planetary system, the comet-like bodies would have otherwise survived even the dramatic late stages of the star's evolution.

helix_spitzer_720.jpg

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap091231.html

These should make you very humble and not want for anything....becasue they are real.

m101_spitzer_c800.jpg

Explanation: Big, beautiful spiral galaxy M101 is one of the last entries in Charles Messier's famous catalog, but definitely not one of the least. About 170,000 light-years across, this galaxy is enormous, almost twice the size of our own Milky Way Galaxy. M101 was also one of the original spiral nebulae observed by Lord Rosse's large 19th century telescope, the Leviathan of Parsontown. Recorded at infrared wavelengths by the Spitzer Space telescope, this 21st century view shows starlight in blue hues while the galaxy's dust clouds are in red. Examining the dust features in the outer rim of the galaxy, astronomers have found that organic molecules present throughout the rest of M101 are lacking. The organic molecules tracked by Spitzer's instruments are called polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs). Of course, PAHs are common components of dust in the Milky Way and on planet Earth are found in soot. PAHs are likely destroyed near the outer edges of M101 by energetic radiation in intense star forming regions. Also known as the Pinwheel Galaxy, M101 lies within the boundaries of the northern constellation Ursa Major, about 25 million light-years away.

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap091230.html

By the way, one astronomical unit is the distance of Earth to the Sun which is about 93M miles.

catseye3_hst.jpg

Explanation: Three thousand light-years away, a dying star throws off shells of glowing gas. This image from the Hubble Space Telescope reveals the Cat's Eye Nebula to be one of the most complex planetary nebulae known. In fact, the features seen in the Cat's Eye are so complex that astronomers suspect the bright central object may actually be a binary star system. The term planetary nebula, used to describe this general class of objects, is misleading. Although these objects may appear round and planet-like in small telescopes, high resolution images reveal them to be stars surrounded by cocoons of gas blown off in the late stages of stellar evolution.

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap091227.html

backhoeboogie":1y4f29hc said:
Thanks HS. My grandson is another cycle as I pass the torch to the next generations?

Have a cigar on me. Some day I'll buy you dinner if the opportunity arises.

27.71 inches of water column. A linear equation that has been burned into my brain for nearly 30 years now. Bernoulli's equation. Reynolds numbers. The square root of 2 for figuring 45 degree travel.

Now we have computers that convert everything for us. Life is good. I get lazy.

Anyone interested can veiw Bernoulli's Equation...
bern.gif

A little text about Reynolds number....

Reynolds Number

The factor that is called the Reynolds number was discovered by Osborne Reynolds of the University of Manchester in 1883. This parameter is important in wind tunnel experiments since it relates to the aerodynamic properties of lifting surfaces (like airfoils) when extrapolating from small wind tunnel test models to full-size wings. Reynolds discovered that, if the same atmospheric pressure were used for experiments with wind tunnel models as a full-size aircraft would encounter under actual conditions, the experimental results would be invalid.

In order for results obtained with a scale model in wind tunnel experiments to be valid, the Reynolds number needs to be the same under wind tunnel conditions and in regular atmospheric conditions. The way to ensure this is to increase the air density inside the tunnel by the same proportion as the model is smaller than the full-size aircraft. In practical terms, if a model is 1/10 the size of a full-size aircraft, then the air density (the number of atmospheres) inside the tunnel must be increased by a factor of 10 to get wind tunnel results that are valid in regular atmospheric conditions with a full-size aircraft.

Reynolds discovered the ratio that has since been called the Reynolds number when examining fluid flow characteristics-how a liquid flows in a pipe or how air flows across an aircraft wing. He demonstrated that the motion of a fluid may be either laminar (in smooth layers) or turbulent, and that the change from a laminar flow to a turbulent flow can happen suddenly. The transition from a smooth laminar flow to a turbulent flow always occurred when the ratio ?VD/µ was the same, where ? = density of the fluid, V = velocity, D = pipe diameter, and µ = fluid viscosity. This ratio is now known as the Reynolds number. The variable that can be adjusted inside a wind tunnel is ?-its density, and it would be adjusted by the same proportion as the model is smaller than the actual aircraft: a 1/10th model would produce valid results if the atmospheric pressure in the wind tunnel were increased by a factor of 10.

In actual subsonic flight, airfoils with low Reynolds number flows are laminar and those with high Reynolds number flows are mostly turbulent, keeping in mind that the Reynolds number is the ratio between density, velocity, diameter, and viscosity (For an airfoil in flight rather than in a wind tunnel, D would be the distance between the leading and trailing edge called the chord length along a flow.)

http://www.centennialofflight.gov/essay ... /DI114.htm

Math gives me even more of a headache--
Please explane 2 Kings 6:25-30 Is this a cycle we will see again? I hope not.

Conic sections...

ball_shadow.png

Red light source above the ball cast a shadow of ellipse, the blue light source below the height of the ball cast a shadow of hyperbola. The focus of both curve, is the place where the ball touches the floor. Since the two curves shares a focus and axis, their intersections are orthogonal.

http://xahlee.org/SpecialPlaneCurves_di ... tions.html

The retina contains two types of photoreceptors, rods and cones. The rods are more numerous, some 120 million, and are more sensitive than the cones. However, they are not sensitive to color. The 6 to 7 million cones provide the eye's color sensitivity and they are much more concentrated in the central yellow spot known as the macula. In the center of that region is the " fovea centralis ", a 0.3 mm diameter rod-free area with very thin, densely packed cones.

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hb ... dcone.html

peg4x4":2rvg9bn8 said:

Let me study it for the weekend...

2 Kings 6:25-30 (King James Version)

25And there was a great famine in Samaria: and, behold, they besieged it, until an ass's head was sold for fourscore pieces of silver, and the fourth part of a cab of dove's dung for five pieces of silver.

26And as the king of Israel was passing by upon the wall, there cried a woman unto him, saying, Help, my lord, O king.

27And he said, If the LORD do not help thee, whence shall I help thee? out of the barnfloor, or out of the winepress?

28And the king said unto her, What aileth thee? And she answered, This woman said unto me, Give thy son, that we may eat him to day, and we will eat my son to morrow.

29So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him: and she hath hid her son.

30And it came to pass, when the king heard the words of the woman, that he rent his clothes; and he passed by upon the wall, and the people looked, and, behold, he had sackcloth within upon his flesh.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se ... rsion=KJV;

HerefordSire":1uxrn0fi said:
peg4x4":1uxrn0fi said:

25And there was a great famine in Samaria: and, behold, they besieged it, until an ass's head was sold for fourscore pieces of silver, and the fourth part of a cab of dove's dung for five pieces of silver.

26And as the king of Israel was passing by upon the wall, there cried a woman unto him, saying, Help, my lord, O king.

27And he said, If the LORD do not help thee, whence shall I help thee? out of the barnfloor, or out of the winepress?

28And the king said unto her, What aileth thee? And she answered, This woman said unto me, Give thy son, that we may eat him to day, and we will eat my son to morrow.

29So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him: and she hath hid her son.

30And it came to pass, when the king heard the words of the woman, that he rent his clothes; and he passed by upon the wall, and the people looked, and, behold, he had sackcloth within upon his flesh.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se ... rsion=KJV;

If peope are hungry enough, canabalism has been known to occur, in order to stay alive. The famine mentioned above emphasizes how hungry the people really are. Not only could this happen again, but it can happen now. There are recent events related to canabalism.

grannysoo":dd5js72k said:
HerefordSire":dd5js72k said:

Weekend is over. What's your prognostication? :mrgreen:

I expect a report in .doc or .pdf format next Monday morning about the following article. It must be 2,500 words or less in 10 point font. They may have stumbled on a way to invent a cure for cancer.

http://www.viewzone.com/dna.html

HerefordSire":mppxutme said:
The Fibonacci ratio = 1.61803398

....it is a proportion which has been recognized since ancient times. The Fibonacci series is...

0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89...

and as the sequence progresses, the ratio between each successive number approaches 1.61803398.......

There are....

05 heliocentric conjunctions of Earth and Venus: 5 x 584.00 days = 2,920 days
08 orbits of the Earth around the Sun: ............8 x 365.25 days = 2,922 days
13 orbits of Venus around the Sun: ...............13 x 224.70 days = 2,921 days

Cooincidence?

This is silent harmony if I ever did see invisible music of spherical angular velocities!

HerefordSire - just wondering if you are having trouble sleeping at night?

Fly-guy":1ga5r9ar said:
HerefordSire":1ga5r9ar said:
The Fibonacci ratio = 1.61803398

....it is a proportion which has been recognized since ancient times. The Fibonacci series is...

0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89...

and as the sequence progresses, the ratio between each successive number approaches 1.61803398.......

There are....

05 heliocentric conjunctions of Earth and Venus: 5 x 584.00 days = 2,920 days
08 orbits of the Earth around the Sun: ............8 x 365.25 days = 2,922 days
13 orbits of Venus around the Sun: ...............13 x 224.70 days = 2,921 days

Cooincidence?

This is silent harmony if I ever did see invisible music of spherical angular velocities!

HerefordSire - just wondering if you are having trouble sleeping at night?

No. I fall asleep at will because I am usually so tired I can't keep my eyes open from working so many hours. Kind of like driving a car for 24 hours straight. One time I worked on an oil rig for 36 hours straight when I was with Halliburton.

Do you have trouble sleeping at night?

Herefordsire said:

Those are some seriously high food prices!
If we could get fourscore pieces of silver for an ass's head....(I'm holding back here so as not to violate the restrictions on political speech).
And five pieces of silver for a 1/4 share of some doves dung is outrageous.

I'm not going to quote that business about boiling the baby. The lesson there is "don't be the first to volunteer to be BBQ". Folks who say they are right behind you are likely to change their mind on a full stomach.

Latest posts