Knobs 'n Kettles and Angus cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

IluvABbeef

Reaction score
Went on a school trip to a ranch in E. Alberta, so here's some pics of the landscape and the cattle (purebred Angus). Hope you like them.

DSCF1417.jpg

Some cows and calves sittin' around. There's about 250 head of cow-calf pairs in this herd. Calves are gonna be weaned in about a month from when these pics were taken (a couple of weeks ago)

DSCF1418.jpg

Cow and heifer wondering what that big yellow thing is (I'm in that big yellow thing, btw)

DSCF1424.jpg

An aspen grove

DSCF1430.jpg

The landscape of the ranch: called "Knobs'n Kettles" because of the way the glaciers melted across this landscape.

DSCF1432.jpg

Havin' lunch and enjoying the scenery (these folks are a few of a larger number I was with)

DSCF1436.jpg

Pasture sage growing by an old cowpie

DSCF1440.jpg

Lichens on a rock

DSCF1455.jpg

One of a number of salt lakes that exist on the ranch. The "water" is mostly composed of magnesium sulfate, so cattle won't drink it, but it provides a natural salt lick.

DSCF1458.jpg

Cows and calves on the alert from seeing a large group of people walking thru their pasture...and I honestly don't blame them.

DSCF1460.jpg

A rare species of plant that only grows in salt beds...can't remember the name of it...

DSCF1461.jpg

Shunting them out of the alley...me and the folks I was touring with were going to pass through there, so our tour guide had to chase them out of there to prevent a potential stampede.

DSCF1465.jpg

An old cow walkin the fence, keeping her ears out for trouble.

Thanks for lettin me share these pics with ya. :)

Latest posts