Knersie In The Hospital

Help Support CattleToday:

fourstates":2wg7wwph said:
Word gou gesond!!!

I am away from this forum a few days, and this happens! You are the best to tell me when I become too one dimensional in my thought pattern! Please find a way to fight back against this syndrome.

I thought about saying something in afrikaans but my knowledge is limited to a few words, even if it can be understood quite well by swedes, if talked slowly. Fourstates beat me to it; but In english: get well!

Speedy recovery Knersie! My thoughts and prayers are with you!

My sister had gotten this her senior year in high school and she was under my care. She was able to get rid of it and fully recover by having a shunt kind of thing placed in a heart artery, and then I had to take her to the hospital every day and for 4 hours they would cycle her blood out of her to remove the white blood cells and put the blood back into her.

Very weird disease!

Michele

Aww I hate that. This is a real bummer. Knersie is one of the better posters here at Cattle Today and may be the most gifted writers amoung the Hereford breeder on here. I certainly hope that Knersie recovers.

As everyone else, I really enjoy Knersies posts.. always thoughtful and helpful. My thoughts and prayers are with you... you know us cattlefolks are TOUGH! We'll wait patiently for your speedy return!

jhambley":pn18se0h said:
Since Knersie is a regular contributer to CT and I know many of you correspond with him on a regular basis, I wanted to let you know he was admitted to the hospital on Monday. At that time his entire body was numb, and he could not move his legs, toes, arms, or fingers. He has since been diagnosed with Guillaume-Barre Syndrome. You can read more about the disease here:

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/gbs/detail_gbs.htm?css=print

They started treating him on Monday and since then he has started to respond to the treatment and can lift his legs and arms.

I'm sure he and his family would appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

JH

I don't know if this will get to him but want him to know I knew someone a few years ago who suddenly contracted Guillaume-Barre (sp?) It was very scary for a while then it went away much as mysteriously as it came. Best of luck to you. There will be ways you can continue to post while recovering. Give it a try. We appreciate your knowledge and willingness to share it. Get well soon.

Best wishes, Knersie. Hope you get some good luck to offset this bum deal.

The information website mentioned that 1 of 100,000 people get this illness, yet 3 people here know someone who had it. Makes sense?

I'm really sorry to hear about this of Knersie. I always enjoy reading his posts and my prayers have already been said for you to have a complete recovery. God Bless your family as well to get them through this trying time.

Besides, when you get better Knersie, I want to show you some pics of a 11 month old (he'll be a yearling about 09/15 and weighs 1180 pounds) and I would like your opinion of him.

MoGal":1b6iv4zu said:
Besides, when you get better Knersie, I want to show you some pics of a 11 month old (he'll be a yearling about 09/15 and weighs 1180 pounds) and I would like your opinion of him.
He has alwasy been my goto guy when I had questions about an animal and wanted an unbiased appraisal/opinion.
How about an update on his status?

Harley, As usual, I've been off the computer lately, sorry to hear you are down. You are a true, straight forward freind and have been a great mentor/instructor to me.... you know my prayers and thoughts will be with you, waiting for your recovery and return to the boards. I'll be one of many PM's on your return.

You're a good man,
Alan

I have not been on the forum much lately due to work and imigration formalities. I am sorry to hear Harley is in hospital, our prayers will be with him as he recovers. Vasbyt ou boet, ons druk vir jou!

Poor Knersie, he is going to get out of the hospital, then be sent back in for carpal tunnel answering the pm's I am assuming are filling his in box. Is a rare thing for me to be on the breeds board, I just came to see if GWH needed the support of another Hereford person on the meat quality thread and saw this. I am more than hoping you are feeling great soon ~ you have lots of people cheering for you.

Get well quick, the limi people are getting out of hand! :lol2: ;-) (just kidding guys).

Latest posts