Knee surgery for our house tomorrow . . .

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018":49o1hscw said:
Kathie in Thorp":49o1hscw said:
I don't think your anesthesia has totally worn off yet, Tom. That's why you're on the computer and so cheery. !! :)
You were right. The nerve block wore off and now I can feel my arm. Can't survive without my pills. No one ever called me cherry, thanks. Usually called a grouch. :lol: The computer and the tv are trying to combat the boredom. Done got fussed at for going outside this morning.

How is you hubby today?
He's pretty darn comfortable, Tom, but his procedure wasn't near as big as yours. We kept him pretty well doped up through the night. His last Rx dose was at 3:30 a.m.; we're trying some IBP today, and so far, so good. He's watching ancient Western DVDs on the tube -- I can only re-watch them about 42 times, and then I can't anymore! :) Will have to pry him out of the recliner soon, as there are exercises he's supposed to do today . . . . .

Kathie in Thorp":2ryck1w7 said:
tom4018":2ryck1w7 said:
Kathie in Thorp":2ryck1w7 said:
I don't think your anesthesia has totally worn off yet, Tom. That's why you're on the computer and so cheery. !! :)
You were right. The nerve block wore off and now I can feel my arm. Can't survive without my pills. No one ever called me cherry, thanks. Usually called a grouch. :lol: The computer and the tv are trying to combat the boredom. Done got fussed at for going outside this morning.

How is you hubby today?
He's pretty darn comfortable, Tom, but his procedure wasn't near as big as yours. We kept him pretty well doped up through the night. His last Rx dose was at 3:30 a.m.; we're trying some IBP today, and so far, so good. He's watching ancient Western DVDs on the tube -- I can only re-watch them about 42 times, and then I can't anymore! :) Will have to pry him out of the recliner soon, as there are exercises he's supposed to do today . . . . .
Dumb question what is IBP?

He'd rather use his Rx "less" than "steady," which is good. But, will put one or two of those into him an hour or so before he does the exercises, or he might get soured on the effort.

A year ago I had knee replacement ,then I fell on the ice--they had to go in and replace parts ,then I got infection----They had to operate again and take out all the parts ,they put a block in to keep the bones apart,I was on heavy duty IV medication for 3 months ---then they put a new knee in again Its been almost a year but I'm not bad now ----I was to get the other knee done --but I'm a little shy now---HOWEVER my doctor found a new drug she injects it in the knee and I have to tell you it feels almost new

at I hear you don't want to let the pain get on top of you Tom. Better to be safe than sorry. Take your meds and you will heal quicker.