Kleingrass is poison to horses. Stop planting this stuff.

Help Support CattleToday:

wbwiles

Reaction score
I've had a few friends just tell me about the death :shock: of their horses ( Weatherford Texas ) because the hay was contaminated with Kliengrass. It spreads into adjacent fields and ruins the hay for equine forage. Please stop planting this foreign African species.

see :horsedvm(dotcom)poisonous/kleingrass/
:rangeplants(dotedu)(dotcom)plant/kleingrass/

wbwiles said:
I've had a few friends just tell me about the death :shock: of their horses ( Weatherford Texas ) because the hay was contaminated with Kliengrass. It spreads into adjacent fields and ruins the hay for equine forage. Please stop planting this foreign African species.

Great business opportunity.
Grow your own hay then.
Klein grass has been cultivated and improved for over a half century for cattle forage.

wbwiles said:

Thank you WB, I was unaware.

:welcome: to Cattle Today!

wbwiles said:

Horse apples

wbwiles said:

Stop planting that African invasive weed. Bermuda grass.

callmefence said:
wbwiles said:

Bermuda has about ruined my lawn so I tend to agree. Ban the weed!

TennesseeTuxedo said:
callmefence said:
wbwiles said:

Bermuda has about ruined my lawn so I tend to agree. Ban the weed!
If you think bermuda is invasive in a lawn, don't let bahia get started.

wbwiles said:

May I suggest you look for a new hay supplier. Contact me with a pm and I will get you names and numbers for several good hay producers in Van Zandt County. We areabout 60 miles east of Dallas.

Latest posts