Killing woodchucks

Help Support CattleToday:

3way, I have a model 12 16 guage in pretty good condition. Haven't used it in a long time, probably about 20 years. Ran into problems with it not being able to eject the modern shells right. Kept hanging up on the front of the eject port, the shell was too long. Are you able to find shells short enough to work right? Been so long that I don't remember the lengths of shells we were dealing with back then...........

Jim62":uekbaqwg said:
3way, I have a model 12 16 guage in pretty good condition. Haven't used it in a long time, probably about 20 years. Ran into problems with it not being able to eject the modern shells right. Kept hanging up on the front of the eject port, the shell was too long. Are you able to find shells short enough to work right? Been so long that I don't remember the lengths of shells we were dealing with back then...........

They did used to make a shorter shell but the modern ones should work in a Model 12. I will ask my gunsmith. I am going to try to shoot this one tomorrow. I will let you know if there is a problem.

Jim62":qn7oytll said:

You're not shooting 3" shells in a 2 3/4" chamber, are you?

Jim62":e5fd6th7 said:
It sounds like you have one of the older model 12,s that was chambered for the 2 9/16 shell.

Latest posts