What is killing my chickens?

Help Support CattleToday:

Holding steady at 7 chickens as of this morning. I stood outside last night and just listened. I heard owls and some chatter I guessed to be either baby coons or coyote pups. I gotta get a camera set up.

ohiosteve":3n90cmu1 said:
Wow Dave, they might as well get another 40,000 and make it an even million.

I was over at their processing plant one day and counted 17 semi's either backed up to the loading dock or waiting to back in. I have been through the plant several times and it is pretty impressive. There are eggs forever on conveyers.

I can't even imagine dealing with that amount of eggs. The Amish man that is funding this showed me some brochures on the equipment used to collect and place the eggs on the cartons and it was pretty high tech. He said he would get a new batch of chickens every 15 months and the old ones go for meat. The new ones come in almost full sized ready to start laying.

Sounds like those prudent Amish jumped on that egg shortage catastrophe from the last year or so. I wonder how they for saw that? I know some dudes near Austin that have a free range organic egg deal going on that pretty impressive $ wise for the input

The way I understand it, as long as the chickens have access to a "pasture" they are considered "free range", but the chickens rarely if ever go outside because they are content in the barn.

Deep south was right. It was a chupacabra.
Our dog treed it early this morning. I was surprised how much a chupacabra looks like a racoon.

ohiosteve":13i5tvf3 said:
Our dog treed it early this morning. I was surprised how much a chupacabra looks like a racoon.
You sure that's not a big cat? You weren't just hoping it was a racoon? Whatever . . . . Whatever your dog chased up a tree near your chicken pen is probably your culprit, but I'll be mighty disappointed if it wasn't a cat or the chupacabra, and just a sneaky coon.

ohiosteve":vatgdq84 said:
Your crazy, that's a levitating bat**** cougar!

M-5":1v9c0l1i said:
I sure hope you dog didn't bite the coon. You know that's a death sentence for dogs now.
Dash you're acting like CB's little yappy dog now. It gets really old after a while.

TexasBred":z0p2p2b7 said:
M-5":z0p2p2b7 said:
I sure hope you dog didn't bite the coon. You know that's a death sentence for dogs now.
Dash you're acting like CB's little yappy dog now. It gets really old after a while.
Would that the the one that yaps just to feel his butt hole wiggle?

M-5":7t5w4ti5 said:
I wish I had a nickel for every coon and whistle-pig that dogs bitten. I've seen her trotting through a field with a groundhog in her mouth so big her back legs weren't even touching the ground. She'll take out a medium sized coon but the big ones usually get away from her but she usually gets a few bites in and she's got the scars to prove it.

Latest posts