Sanctuary for Animals Becomes Killing Field

Help Support CattleToday:

john250":37kcootb said:
The hypocrisy is staggering.

at the same time I would be a hypocrit to say I had a problem with it. They own the animals and I doubt they are killing them in an inhumane way. They are killing the cows also, I wonder why they dont just send those to a slaughter house.

Its all about money. This isn't the only group and it sure isn't a new idea. Create an issue. Create a non-profit orgainization. Show a heart-warming photo or a drawing. Pull on the heart-strings and the purse-strings of nieve well-meaning people. Misinform. Then just sit back and watch the money come rolling in. What is really scary about this is that these groups can actually influence government policy.

That's terrible. Reminds me of a story I read last week about PETA euthanizing 90% of the animals in their care. Not sure how true it is but wouldn't surprise me. And they give us a hard time for slaughtering our own animals that we have given a good life and the best feeds.

Jogeephus":3nkz1rq5 said:
Its all about money. This isn't the only group and it sure isn't a new idea. Create an issue. Create a non-profit orgainization. Show a heart-warming photo or a drawing. Pull on the heart-strings and the purse-strings of nieve well-meaning people. Misinform. Then just sit back and watch the money come rolling in. What is really scary about this is that these groups can actually influence government policy.

Where would you reckon they get their money from? Private donations? Gov. grants?

CattleHand":3vpav4cm said:
Jogeephus":3vpav4cm said:

Where would you reckon they get their money from? Private donations? Gov. grants?

Private donations is the majority of it. Gov't funding too some small extent. Gov't funds come more in the form of payments to solve a PR problem. Kinda like playing hot potatoe. If an agency is catching flack on - I'm just making this example up - wild horses. Can't feed em, can't keep em so they might pay someone to take them. What they do with them later is not their real concern since the PR problem is gone.

Look at this photo. Don't it make you want to give!

http://www.quizilla.com/user_images/P/P ... p_Seal.jpg

But if you knew that this group killed these seals to make a documentary about how cruel it was to kill them would you still want to give?

Would you still want to give if you knew the lied on their data claiming a decline in population due to hunting when in fact the hunting had actually increased the population?

Would you want to give if you knew the founder was making $250,000 per year in 1985?

Of course it you don't give you are a cruel person.

There are many many more examples I can use. I actually studied this in college. I did not think anyone could be so greedy as to do this but with time I saw first hand how it works. With the internet, you could reach a vast audience.

Of course if you really want to give to something good. Give to my foundation. After I take my salary out - it will definitely be a non profit orgainization I don't care how much money I receive. So remember. The Foundation for the Advancement of High Visibility Blue Pit Vipers is legit. Oh, we prefer cash since we are a Green organization.

Good post Jo.

"Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see."
Benjamin Franklin

"I do not take a single newspaper, nor read one a month, and I feel myself infinitely the happier for it."
Thomas Jefferson

Still seems like good advice over 200 years later.

One might want to consider their counsel, at one time only one man thought the world wasn't flat.

Latest posts