Kids and farm equipment, how old? -poll

Help Support CattleToday:

How old is old enough for the average child to operate farm equipment?

• If their out of diapers get their butts to work

Votes: 5 8.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.7%

Votes: 6 10.2%

Votes: 2 3.4%

Votes: 9 15.3%

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Above 12

Votes: 22 37.3%

• Total voters
My Grandpa was driving a 1 ton dump truck for hire when he was 12 years old.

Would love to see the look on a DOT agents face if that happen nowadays.

sim.-ang.king":3d8siwqp said:
Soo ya come from a long line of criminals... eh?
He probably drove past my Grandpa walking to and from school up hill both ways and you should've seen the size
of the fish he caught..... (because nobody else ever did.)
Some folks collect huge dividends when making withdrawals from their memory banks. :)

Son of Butch":nquvwy2r said:
sim.-ang.king":nquvwy2r said:
He probably drove past my Grandpa walking to and from school up hill both ways and you should've seen the size
Some folks collect huge dividends when making withdrawals from their memory banks. :)

:clap: :clap:

Sometimes you have to patronize.

I read his post and when I got to yours, it looked like you read my mind!

My dad swore to his dying day that his brother lost his finger working on a manure spreader. They got him back from the Doctor and into the house and he was in awful pain. Dad said they went to the shed where he lost his finger and a cat was sitting there chewing on it. They got the finger away from the cat and Uncle Sylvester was fine!

I really wish my dad would tear up something of mine that was really valuable and leave me stuck fixing it. If he did that 100 times we might be even.

Brute 23":3syk20tg said:
Yall think because yall didn't do things that young that no one else has... or should.

I hope no one is taking this thread seriously! It is purely entertainment. Just read the original post. Surely, you see the comedy in the poll. Right?

Just look at the first line in the poll!

If their out of diapers get their butts to work.

Regarding your question. No, I didn't do some of the things you did because when I grew up the wheel was only a recent invention of a Neolithic man named Abbot the Guch.

Bright Raven":jk1jsl7m said:
Brute 23":jk1jsl7m said:
Yall think because yall didn't do things that young that no one else has... or should.

I hope no one is taking this thread seriously! It is purely entertainment. Just read the original post. Surely, you see the comedy in the poll. Right?

Regarding your question. No, I didn't do some of the things you did because when I grew up the wheel was only a recent invention of a Neolithic man named Abbot the Guch.
Wonder who first connected two wheels??

TexasBred":17x3pwm3 said:
Bright Raven":17x3pwm3 said:
Brute 23":17x3pwm3 said:

TB, its a little known piece of ancient history. Two Neolithic men were arguing over whether they should retain their replacement aurochs or buy them bred from the clan in the next cave. One got mad and threw a spear at the other. He missed but it hit right square in the center of a wooden wheel. Someone decided to put a wheel on the other end of the spear and the axle was born.

Bright Raven":2tdga3mt said:
TexasBred":2tdga3mt said:
Bright Raven":2tdga3mt said:

TB, its a little known piece of ancient history. Two Neolithic men were arguing over whether they should retain their replacement aurochs or buy them bred from the clan in the next cave. One got mad and threw a spear at the other. He missed but it hit right square in the center of a wooden wheel. Someone decided to put a wheel on the other end of the spear and the axle was born.
OMG....the first summit ever held resulted in a weapon of war being turned it into a vehicle for travel. Amazing. :lol:

I retired from working in the Texas oil fields at 2 and took my pension and my gold watch and began working in a uranium mine a few miles north of Baykonur, Kazakhstan where it was much cooler and not such a long walk to work. Nothing worse than having to drink Similac that's been sitting in the hot Texas sun all day. The temperature in the mine was ideal for keeping my lunch at the perfect temperature with no sun soured taste whatsoever.

Jogeephus":dd7k48nc said:
I retired from working in the Texas oil fields at 2 and took my pension and my gold watch and began working in a uranium mine a few miles north of Baykonur, Kazakhstan where it was much cooler and not such a long walk to work. Nothing worse than having to drink Similac that's been sitting in the hot Texas sun all day. The temperature in the mine was ideal for keeping my lunch at the perfect temperature with no sun soured taste whatsoever.

LMAO

Son of Butch":2y5y7s5k said:
sim.-ang.king":2y5y7s5k said:

Wow! I had no clue we had a late 1910's Illinois law expert on CT.
I bet you are also an expert on the Inca Tribal Law, and know who is buried in Grant's tomb.
;-) :lol: :dunce:

Bright Raven":2lp9roxp said:
Brute 23":2lp9roxp said:

Guess I missed that. That is actually a common saying around here.

sim.-ang.king":27l8sc3g said:
Son of Butch":27l8sc3g said:
sim.-ang.king":27l8sc3g said:

I bet you are also an expert on the Inca Tribal Law, and know who is buried in Grant's tomb.
And you know it's all true... because you rode along side him?
or did you mean Grandpa drove dump truck for hire when you were 12?
Some people believe anything a family member says.

Son of Butch":3ds621ef said:
sim.-ang.king":3ds621ef said:
Son of Butch":3ds621ef said:

And you know it's all true... because you rode along side him?
or did you mean Grandpa drove dump truck for hire when you were 12?
Some people believe anything a family member says.

You better believe it, my Grandpa told me. So I know dam well its true. Lol

sim.-ang.king":2m0pubff said:
Son of Butch":2m0pubff said:
sim.-ang.king":2m0pubff said:

Sim: I have a law degree in Inca Tribal Law. It is illegal to come onto this forum and perpetuate untruths about what your grandpa did.

Supposedly raised on a Indian reservation near Hayward WI, left home at 13 to work for the railroad, then off to WWI, then to USPS delivering mail and ramrodding logging camps through out northern WI and MN. Homesteaded a place on the north shore of Lake Superior and started commercial fishing empire.
Don't believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see. Myself I believe.

Latest posts