Kenny Thomas

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1":3429hiix said:
ALACOWMAN":3429hiix said:
skyhightree1":3429hiix said:
I like that tractor would like to have it to ride it in parades here not pull with it. TRY? hmm that thing must be a hoss
looks like its ready to go to the field, on my place.... :cowboy:

ALA, I hope you are kidding lol
i wish :cowboy:

ALA id love to have that beast lol that is sure one nice machine and definately an eye catcher. Do you restore old tractors ?

J&D Cattle":1h0sux3m said:
That's a nice looking tractor Kenny.
I actually showed it to the wife Saturday. She didn't know WE owned it. Still haven't told her about the gooseneck trailer I bought this week to haul it on. Sure is nice having the farm 4 miles from home. :cboy:

You boys brought back memories with that oliver cle-track! Both of my grandpaps fed their sawmills with little crawler tractors...allis-chalmers, oliver , and caterpillar. Back before log skidders.
On the subject of Va feeder cattle, I have a neighbor who retains ownership in Iowa. He uses an order buyer at FLE in Winchester, the cattle I see him bunching up for the pots are a lot of smokes and other colored cattle.
He must have something figured out, he sends a few loads a year out, and has done it for a couple decades.

skyhightree1":2uncwlkp said:
LOL... I want to restore my farmall cub but I use it alot so right now thats out of the question.

I took my JD720 to put it in the shop to have it restored when I found this one. Maybe you need to bring your cub to the same shop and get an extra until that one is done. :)

jasonleonard":3g1cka1d said:
You boys brought back memories with that oliver cle-track! Both of my grandpaps fed their sawmills with little crawler tractors...allis-chalmers, oliver , and caterpillar. Back before log skidders.
On the subject of Va feeder cattle, I have a neighbor who retains ownership in Iowa. He uses an order buyer at FLE in Winchester, the cattle I see him bunching up for the pots are a lot of smokes and other colored cattle.
He must have something figured out, he sends a few loads a year out, and has done it for a couple decades.
When only a small % of even the black cattle make CAB maybe he figures he can make more by buying the colered calves cheaper, and because they are crossed they may grow better and make more profit in the end.

kenny thomas":hrzdn0jw said:
skyhightree1":hrzdn0jw said:
LOL... I want to restore my farmall cub but I use it alot so right now thats out of the question.

I took my JD720 to put it in the shop to have it restored when I found this one. Maybe you need to bring your cub to the same shop and get an extra until that one is done. :)

Excellent Idea Kenny... I will tell them stick the restoration and the new cub right on your account... Man yall boys on the southwestern portion of the state are some good people. I will load the cub up tonight and take it there tomorrow. :D

lol no kenny no cash needed from me remember its going on your account ... On a more serious note what would it cost to restore a cub or any tractor I got a MF 50 id like to restore too.

A friend left a JD model G at the same shop I left mine with a check for 10,000 and the shop told him they would call when it was gone. Really unless you do a lot of it yourself it is pretty expensive. But I am talking pulling tractors so I really have no idea just to fix one. The paint job alone on my JD is going to be 2,000. You can buy one from an idiot like me after they get tired of it much cheaper. :oops:

lol I have the means to do all he work but rebuild the engine. I wonder if its possible to build a cub and give it more horsepower.