Kathie, Nighthawk, and the other NW'ers

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
I don't know what sort of weather you had, but it was a MISERABLE night here.
Yesterday was well above freezing, there was fog, a touch of sun.. it was nice

So last night we needed to finish the painting on my dad's truck, and just as we were going to start, a wind picked up a bit, it started a driving rain, but wasn't too bad, suddenly the lights flicked a couple time.. We were praying the power would stay on, so we got it all done, about a minute after we finishished (we didn't have time to inspect it), boom, pitch black in the shop, a heavy haze of blue paint in the air, and no fan to get rid of it. luckily I knew where on the bench there was a flashlight, and we were able to fumble around and find it, and we had to clean all the equipment by flashlight.
Then we went out for a smoke, temperature was plummeting fast, there was a sleet/freezing rain along with some big flakes, my friend Trent decided not to stick around too long and get back to town while the driving was good.

This morning I woke up to -10C and a snow drifts everywhere, not all that much of it, I guess an average of 2-3", and a bunch of very unhappy cows huddled in a corner. The other group came running after me, all full of icicles. I imagine this x50 would have been about what the Dakota's went through last winter, rain, falling temperatures and then MUCH more snow.

Wondering how everyone else is doing.. Hillsdown and Randi, it must be cold for you too, Can't imagine Dylan and Tamarack.

Currently heavy,heavy rain, 51 degrees, but all the weather sites are calling for the same thing you got, Temps tumble into the low 30's, snow starting tonight ....... Time to bring fire wood in and find good book.

Thanks for the update, I was wondering with it still being 51 here at 2 pm.

Alan

Forcasts were calling for -19C today, but it was *only* -10C.

Here's what it looked like this morning, and what the cows had to say about it... I unfortunately missed the best part of it, but you can hear their icicles jangling.
[youtube]mVHDbCosXFA[/youtube]

I don't know what it is, but these days I absolutely can't post youtube videos.. no idea why, because I'm doing it the way it's always worked.
Can anyone else make it work?

Here's the normal link anyhow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVHDbCosXFA

9:50 pm here at the moment, still 41 degrees C. The weather sites are all calling for snow by morning, we'll ....... They are hardly ever wrong :roll:

Nesikep":3hts4cvk said:
yagottabekiddingme.. 41C??? I call bs on that!.. I think that's Fahrenheit!

Oops, must have thinking in Canadian terns :lol: yes that would be 41 Fahrenheit.

Latest posts