kabota tractors

Help Support CattleToday:

saltbranch":1lb3tmgy said:
I am still tire kicking and looking any thoughts on what to be wary of on Kabota's. Here is link to the what I have been looking at

http://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdet ... ID=8025135

I have only bought a kubota and resold it never even drove it. I have mentioned before the next business tractor I get is going to be orange. I LIKE that tractor its a good looking unit. What is the price difference for a new model with the same amenities vs the used one ? I only question because kubota has 0 % financing for I think 72 months

Honestly I have not gone to a dealer priced new yet.Been doing the price shopping online so far. I have been looking at older Fords ,JD's and such but I come back to..do I want to buy something that old. I am thinking I had rather go newer with the tractor. That leaves Case, JD and Kabota for dealer support near by.

Gotcha, I have owned all the major tractor brands other than the kubota I bought and resold and they are all good... they all will break. I am partial to older ford tractors. I use Case and JD in my row crop farming. If you buy a new tractor you can have an extended warranty that pays off sometimes and depending on how much you actually use the tractor it could last you a lifetime.

I own a couple of Kubotas and find them reliable. Price listed is near the top end of the range for me.

If they did not work well they would not be on the market.

I am also one who has driven all the colours - some new and some used.

All work well when properly maintained - otherwise they would not be on the market either.

They all break if abused or not maintained.

Bottom line - ask them to bring it out to the farm and use it for a few days - if you are a serious buyer potential, they will do it. Get them to let you put 5-10 ours on it.

I have done this several times in my life.

If they will not do it I would go somewhere else.

As for price - only you can decide that. Someone on these boards will always have a different idea or have received a better deal somewhere in North America. As the buyer set your budget and spend what you believe you can afford. If you have not seen it up close and real you cannot tell for sure the condition. And, you might try a little hard dickering - never know what the bottom line is until you try. The longer it has been on the lot, the more they will want to move it.

Good luck to you.

Best to all

Bez

that is a good price on that 9540 kubota.an ill say this J & K are easy to deal with.an they will come off that price.we bought the jx80 4x4 ROPS fel from them last nov.an we bought it just by the pics an what they told us about it an had it delivered the same day.

saltbranch":3hmif170 said:
I am still tire kicking and looking any thoughts on what to be wary of on Kabota's. Here is link to the what I have been looking at

http://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdet ... ID=8025135

The Kubota is a lighter tractor as compared to N.H. & Deere. But I don't use mine for tillage. I have two here now and have owned four. Very reliable tractors. I only put about 300 hr. per year on them.

fitz

I'll preface this by saying we own 5 Kubotas. We have used a few of the others. I bought the last one simply because I didn't want the emission crap on the new ones. It was an M126X. I work for the local fire dept. and we have a truck with the new emissions on it. It is nothing but trouble. The cast rear wheels are well worth the cost. I used the 126 to pull a 9 shank soil-saver this fall with no problems at all. Our Kubotas have never been in the shop for anything other than an oil change.

Sizmic

We have 3 Kubotas. One thing you NEED to know is that anything bigger than a 7040 will not fit on a standard lowboy trailer. The rear wheel base is too wide. We recently had a lowboy pipe top gooseneck trailer custom built so that we can haul our 8540.

LauraleesFarm":2t3px85j said:
We have 3 Kubotas. One thing you NEED to know is that anything bigger than a 7040 will not fit on a standard lowboy trailer. The rear wheel base is too wide. We recently had a lowboy pipe top gooseneck trailer custom built so that we can haul our 8540.
They are not wider than 102" right? My 20' low boy is 102" wide and has 10" channel fenders made to drive over. I do not have side rails on this trailer, my other trailer is a regular 83" wide pipe top.

saltbranch , the bigger kubotas won't ride on your pipe top trailer that is 83". All of them will ride on the 102" trailer (which we have one of those also) but hubby likes to haul the tractor with the hay equipment hooked on to the back and all of that is hard to get onto the 102" trailer.
It also makes the cutter too tall to be "legal".

Hauling home may be an issue but after home id just drive it the 10 miles. We drive our row crop tractors way over 10 miles.

Latest posts