just because I can (pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

certherfbeef

Reaction score
Here is my herd bull. I don't run enough head anymore to need more than one. Say what ya want, I have my opinions about him and this calf crop backs it up. This year he will cover all the herefords and heifers and clean up when I'm done AIing.

He gets very little grain and only in the winter while he is penned. Been out on pasture working for only a few weeks. He was busy with a cow this morning so a rear photo was not possible. And these are not all that flattering.
I have no idea what he weighs. Born late march 2003.

And don't ask cause I will not post his registration # on the public forum. All other comments are welcome.

IMG_3672.jpg

IMG_3651.jpg

His girl friend for the morning:
IMG_3657.jpg

OMG, that first shot looks like a poster or calendar picture. I know very little about confirmation, but I think he is "right fine."

Alice

seth":1sm1f4ht said:
Why are you unwilling to post his reg no.?
Because attached to that information with the hereford association is my address and phone number. If you want to look at pedigree info and epd's I'll supply that for you. I'm not hideing anything. I would, however, like a few more thoughts on the phenotypic make up of the bull.

Bull looks real good, certher. VERY long-bodied, deep-chested, I like him. Can't imagine you have to pull too many out of him?

well without a rear picture he still shows signs of a good butt he's long clean on the front. i like him and would like too use him on some brangus ;-)

Purecountry, not a calf over 80 lbs that I know of. They hit the ground like slippery spagetti noodles and they havn't stopped growing yet. Had a 19 month old simmyX heifer calve with one of his, 74 lbs.

Ala, I don't want to advertise...check your pm.

Here are the bull's EPD's
CED -1.2
BW 3.4
WW 45
YW 77
MM 22
M&G 44
CEM -2.4

His dam is a DOD

Cert, for a hereford he looks real god ;-)

He is real long and deep bodied but I would like to see a little more hind quarter and rear legs be a little more sickle legged.

Cert I know you don't know what he weighs but what do you think his frame score is unless you have a really big cow that bull should be a little bigger but who cares as along as you love his calves and you are making money bull looks real good conformation wise maybe would like to raise his pins but that is it

shutskytj":2o32vzxy said:
Cert I know you don't know what he weighs but what do you think his frame score is unless you have a really big cow that bull should be a little bigger but who cares as along as you love his calves and you are making money bull looks real good conformation wise maybe would like to raise his pins but that is it

That cow is every bit of a 7 frame. The bull is only 3...still has some growing to do. The idea with him was to square the hips, straighten the legs and maybe knock a bit of frame off the cows. My foundation cows are really big compared to other herfs in the area. Thanks for the comments.

The best part is he is adding a real strong and thick top in the calves. You can see muscle defination in the calves from day one. He is improveing on himself and the cows. I can't ask for anymore from him.
Here is a crossbred calf of his.
IMG_3527.jpg

Cert very impressive smurfherds, I mean Herfords. :D The calves look like they have a nice bloom on them. Horned bull on a polled cow my wife would not agree with that but she is a horned person.

Have a good one

Lazy ace

Hey Cert, I remember that bull. You bought him from Mrnak Herefords. I know what his name is and where to find it, but I am not peeping a word out to know one. You can count on me. He has really grown and my bull Red Oak, he is growing as well. I can't wait to see the calves out of Red Oak next Spring. Take care. :cboy:

lazy ace":1tb2w6ob said:
Cert very impressive smurfherds, I mean Herfords. :D The calves look like they have a nice bloom on them. Horned bull on a polled cow my wife would not agree with that but she is a horned person.

Lazy ace, thanks for the compliment. Tell your wife that I'm simply breeding up my polled cows with the horned bull ;-) :nod: :nod:

The only cow I'd consider a smurf is the little 5 frame Felton's dink from another thread. :roll:

Take care

certherfbeef":f9ir7i3b said:
The only cow I'd consider a smurf is the little 5 frame Felton's dink from another thread. :roll:

Missi, I'm shocked. :shock:

Was this comment supposed to draw me out?? :p :p

I'm speechless.

I still use one dominate Felton bull named Feltons Domino 774 in my herd Cert. I will say that if you breed him to a bigger framed cow, the results are astronomical. I really like the 774 calves. Very thick, with lots of depth and good structure. Don't be hitting on those Felton traits to hard. EL Putzo way not like it to much. :cboy:

Latest posts