Just An Observation

Help Support CattleToday:

Looking for e6 replacement females 2000-3000 bucks for yearling females 4000+ for a decent bulls. Dont understand... I like the idea of an e6 bull angusxbeefmaster if the beefmaster has solid red genetics but seem to be still asking 2500 for a crossbred bull.

Everything is expensive right now. Beefmasters no more so than any other good cattle of any breed IMO.
I was in South Texas last week and looked at ads and some actual Santa Gerturdis while down there. They sure as heck ain't inexpensive either.

greybeard":2x7596tz said:
Everything is expensive right now. Beefmasters no more so than any other good cattle of any breed IMO.
I was in South Texas last week and looked at ads and some actual Santa Gerturdis while down there. They sure as heck ain't inexpensive either.

Gertsxherefords in texas man they are hard to beat.

greybeard said:
Your opinion is right,go to the local stockyard and watch the canners and boners, bring more than quality pairs a couple years back...

cloud9cattle":3pqjanki said:
BEEEEFFMMMAASSTTEERRSS Are Expensive! Thanks Nolan Ryan!

Does Nolan also get the credit for lower prices just a few years back? A good Beefmaster bull can be found for the right price. With calves bringing $1,200 each and commidity feed prices no higher than they are, a $3,000 bull is pretty reasonable...that's 2.5 calves sold to pay for a bull (cow expenses obviously not included). When calves were bringing $600 each, no one had a problem paying $2,500 for a good bull.

If I had a herd of commercial Angus cows, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to but Beefmaster bull over the top. Between heterosis and the BMF calf with a touch of ear, there's additional profit to be made. Heck, I started to A.I. my Beefmaster heifers and clean up with a black Limflex bull just to maximize the marketability of all calves...I just can't bring myself to do it. I bleed Beefmaster blood.

I agree with East Caney. With market prices where they are it only stands to reason that breeders are going to increase their seedstock prices. I watched a 2100lb. slaughter bull go for 1.11 per lb. at the local salebarn the other day. We sold an 1100 lb. slaughter cow about two months ago for 1.35 per lb. I am in West Virginia and I know that cattle here are not as high as other parts of the country either. This market is great for selling but not so much for buying.

East Caney":1o9ne81w said:
cloud9cattle":1o9ne81w said:
BEEEEFFMMMAASSTTEERRSS Are Expensive! Thanks Nolan Ryan!

Does Nolan also get the credit for lower prices just a few years back? A good Beefmaster bull can be found for the right price. With calves bringing $1,200 each and commidity feed prices no higher than they are, a $3,000 bull is pretty reasonable...that's 2.5 calves sold to pay for a bull (cow expenses obviously not included). When calves were bringing $600 each, no one had a problem paying $2,500 for a good bull.

If I had a herd of commercial Angus cows, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to but Beefmaster bull over the top. Between heterosis and the BMF calf with a touch of ear, there's additional profit to be made. Heck, I started to A.I. my Beefmaster heifers and clean up with a black Limflex bull just to maximize the marketability of all calves...I just can't bring myself to do it. I bleed Beefmaster blood.

Very true. We will be Ai'ing all of our heifers to sav mustang and brillance. Looking for a clean up bull to use for a few years.

i got a, and my 1st beefmasterxangus cross bull calf 1 month Old. I figured he would be a good sale barn animal. never thought about raising him to sell. he appears to be polled. If there is a market for something like that?

angus_x2.JPG

Angus_x.JPG

nolan nore kix brooks is driving the beefmaster prices up.its the cattlemen that have never used beefmasters driving the bull prices up.because they found out a beefmaster bull will add pounds to their calves at weaning as well as in the feedlots.right now i can sell all of my reg heifer calves if i want to.plus im in buying mode as well.found a 5yr old reg cow with 3 month old bull calf for sale for $3000.

As already mentioned more than once, it's got nothing to do with the breed. Go look for replacement females of any breed and you'll find the exact same thing. It's easy to cash the check when selling right now, but it sure hurts when you're the one writing the check.

thommoos":h3nxhb4m said:
i got a, and my 1st beefmasterxangus cross bull calf 1 month Old. I figured he would be a good sale barn animal. never thought about raising him to sell. he appears to be polled. If there is a market for something like that?

angus_x2.JPG

Angus_x.JPG

Absolutley. People are becoming big fans of composite animlas. Id love to put a bull with that make up behind my baldies.

Absolutley. People are becoming big fans of composite animlas. Id love to put a bull with that make up behind my baldies.[/quote]

I guess I will not Band or cut him YET

thommoos":1dr0qb0u said:
Sure, you see them advertised all the time--beefmaster breeders jumping on the black hide fever bandwagon by unceremoniously slipping some angus genetics in the woodpile.
How else do ya think black polled beefmasters came to be?
They may claim thru selective breeding within the BM breed but that's mostly a fantasy.

thommoos":2g4xq3b3 said:
Absolutley. People are becoming big fans of composite animlas. Id love to put a bull with that make up behind my baldies.

I guess I will not Band or cut him YET[/quote]

Are you planning on retaining him?

GB as a beefmaster breeder i try to stay away from the black beefmasters.all though i do own 2 black paint beefmaster cows.i prefer the red beefmasters.but i do look at the bloodlines of the cattle more than i do their hide color.if i go to a beefmaster sale i get the sale catalog in advance.and before the sale i already know the cattle im going to bid on by bloodlines.then if they look good i bid on them.

Latest posts