Just a Quick Survey...

Help Support CattleToday:

Crowderfarms

Reaction score
Just wondered...How do you prefer your supplements such as Salt, Hi-Mag Salt,Trace Minerals and White Salt Do you prefer Loose or Blocks?

Loose mineral with high-mag or Rabon depending on the season and white salt blocks

dun

We use loose and block. Prefer loose but you need to keep it in a dry place such as a feeder or in a trough under a roof. Even then it still cakes up. Block you can leave out.

Craig-TX

I use loose mineral & white salt block also. I really like the tubs but they are just too expensive for me.

I feed it loose limited with salt. Add the high mag during calvin season.

For the horses, they get a block of mineral/salt.

All free choice.

Lose mineral mixed with cotton seed meal free choice. We change mineral three times a year, based on the forage availability.

Also have white and sulfur salt blocks, and those red TSC blocks. They love those things.. haven't figured out why.

G&L Cattle":2iai70ho said:
What are the red Tractor Supply Blocks?

Thanks
G&L

Salt with trace minerals. The trace minerals are of no particular formulation though. What they dig out of the ground is what you get. The red block may not have the trace minerals you need for your area.

I use the red blocks for salt and free choice loose minerals in a "bull feeder."

rwtherefords":2g088mkp said:
G&L Cattle":2g088mkp said:
What are the red Tractor Supply Blocks?

Thanks
G&L

Salt with trace minerals. The trace minerals are of no particular formulation though. What they dig out of the ground is what you get. The red block may not have the trace minerals you need for your area.

I use the red blocks for salt and free choice loose minerals in a "bull feeder."

Just as the name suggests, only A TRACE of certain minerals, mostly salt.

Here is the mixture that i like to use,and keep out all year.Mixed together, and fed free choice.

200# 15-15 Mineral
150# White salt
100# Cotton Seed meal
50# Airomiachen ( sp) crumbles

Latest posts