just a question

Help Support CattleToday:

Had a overall filling experience in the milking parlour as a kid on my family's farm, passed to my eldest uncle...still not fond of Holsteins. Worked lots and ranches as a teen then left for military service and stayed twenty years.
The manure must have made a stronger impression than I thought, when we had the opportunity, we started raising a few head for friends and family, now process 20-24 head a year and keep a few cow/calf pairs for replacements.
As long as the cows keep a few $$$ comming in, I can enjoy my semi-retirement without having to get a town job.
DMc

I bought my little place a year and a half ago and it's just now getting to a point where it's almost nearly close to being mostly ready for cattle.. Mostly..

Almost.

Clearly, it wasn't something that was handed down -- I actually chose to do this.. :shock: :lol:

Brandi2005":1vgm6mnr said:
Hey everyone. I was just wondering-How did you get into the cattle/ranching business? (passed down ect.)

We were playing poker, I had a straight flush and the guy across the table bet his entire 5 sections, house and barns, beautiful meadows, and brand new working pens. (I am dreaming, please don't wake me)

My great grandpa married into a ranching family and he caught the bug. My grandpa bought his mothers side of the families ranch and we have been at it ever since. Love it and
wouldn't trade it for anything.

I was born into it - I am a 3rd generation cattle woman. Right now I'm working for my folks, but I hope to have my own herd one of these days God willing.

Great Granddad was a dairy farmer in Palatka Fl.
Granddad was a dairy farmer in Daytona Beach of course before fence laws.
Dad worked the dairy for many years with his dad. He realized dairy farming was not for him. After he moved out on his own he realized cows were in his blood but went beef in a small way.
Once I got the stupid out of me and realized I had cow blood in me also, my dad and I bought property to raise beef.

I still have some stupid in me though. :lol:

Latest posts