Just a baby bull to pick on.

Help Support CattleToday:

Try and get a good profile pic of him... he's got a nice butt but I can't see how he looks for length

Try for one with a pose

I guess we are at around 4 months old with this little guy and I still really like him a lot. I got a chance to snap a few pictures today.

10 months old but I don't know if I am as impressed with him as I want to be. He seems to be alright just not as good as I was hoping for in the beginning. It may just be because I also have 2 other bulls that are around 14 moths old. Will they put on a ton of growth in the next 2-3 months? Please give me your thoughts about him now!

Briar Ridge Angus":2lrfbmj9 said:
10 months old but I don't know if I am as impressed with him as I want to be. He seems to be alright just not as good as I was hoping for in the beginning. It may just be because I also have 2 other bulls that are around 14 moths old. Will they put on a ton of growth in the next 2-3 months? Please give me your thoughts about him now!

He ain't turning out,as good as he was starting..your seeing all the faults we are..no guts or butt...but I'd bet twenty he's got nuts...

The second calf is way better looking. It's pity that the first one hasn't turned out as you wanted.
We have one heifer, which showed lots of potential for the first couple weeks and has wonderful genetics, but she now is one of the bottom, maybe even the worst from the group.

He's very weak in the rear end which has been stated as being a 10X fault. So far this calf has done nothing to refute that. BTW none of these pictures show what I considered his best trait which was his width on top. Is that still there?

These are the only photos I have that even show his width. I am going to keep him intact for now to see how he plays out.

Well, he's your bull but when you ask people what they think they sure as heck tell you...I didn't say cut him but I believe he's not going to improve.

Briar Ridge Angus":2ajxn301 said:
These are the only photos I have that even show his width. I am going to keep him intact for now to see how he plays out.

I've seen the Tex X calves change a lot as they mature. Please keep us informed as to how he matures ove the next 6-10 months.

Sometimes they don't turn out. I agree just cut him. You want your customers to get a good bull they are happy with so they come back someday. You sell this guy it's a one and done.

I just cut a bull last week whose full brother was my best bull last year. The cow has a solid track record with a daughter in the herd and 2 other sons sold to happy customers. This one just didnt have it.

Most small farm producer sales are 1 and done anyway.
10x name alone will generate interest and may make the sale..... (Caveat Emptor)
current slaughter bull prices have about the same profit margin as fed cattle (about breakeven)

In my (humble) opinion, his 1/2 brother is by far a better bull prospect, compared to him. The 1st calf looks like a heifer, the 2nd calf looks like a bull.

This ain't directed completely at the OP..just speaking in general..there's just waaaay to many good angus bulls out there... Angus producers nowadays need to scrutinize a bull calf to death..10 to 20 years ago he would look better than average..now he would be concidered average...

Latest posts