I've about had it

Help Support CattleToday:

That's the way it should be Fence. Sounds like you have a good handle on things. In fact I may pass this along to my nephew who is trying to become a partner in his Uncles fencing business. I do have a few questions though.

1. How do yall handle taking time off for vacations or personal things without one getting mad or feeling like he's getting less time off?

2. Is there ever any conflict over one working more or not pulling his weight when it comes to the manual labor part?

3. I hope everything has always worked smoothly between you and your son but in reading some of your post I sense yall had some struggles, just like most familys do. Did the working relationship just get better with age and grow into what yall have now or did yall have to have a talk and agree on the way things would be as describe above.

I know my nephew sees whats going on in his Uncles business and is scared he'll just be a glorified T post driver and left in the dark about things.

I had to take a step back from our business a few years back because of the back and forth between me and the wife on how things were going. It helped us out. I don't tell her how to run things, but if she ask for help I'm more than willing. In turn she never says anything about what I do or spend on the ranch. She'll help if I need it but I do wish she was more interested.

Dang feel like I hijacked Nesi's post there, didn't intend too
1.No real answer to that. Except that we are good at covering for each other. During hay season he pulls my wieght quite a bit. But I've pulled his for along time. Not something we have many issues with.
2. He's definitely the one in the trenches. I start alot of jobs but finish few. He realizes that I built what we have with my back. He has the latest greatest in equipment I could have only dreamed of.
Not near the manual labor there used to be.

3. I'm going to answer you very honestly.
There was I time I didn't think he was going to be worth the powder it would take to blow his brains out. . ..he finally grew up .

1.No real answer to that. Except that we are good at covering for each other. During hay season he pulls my wieght quite a bit. But I've pulled his for along time. Not something we have many issues with.
2. He's definitely the one in the trenches. I start alot of jobs but finish few. He realizes that I built what we have with my back. He has the latest greatest in equipment I could have only dreamed of.

There was I time I didn't think he was going to be worth the powder it would take to blow his brains out. . ..he finally grew up .
I like it. Sounds like he really grew up and you aren't holding him like a back like a slave. In return he understands why he has what he does and shows you that respect. Thanks for being honest on the last answer. Kids gotta be kids and then grow up.

Number 3 could have been expressed with less reference to violence. While in your case it may have been true,
(far be it from me to say otherwise) One never knows who is going to read what we print here or when. jmpov

Nesi move on and also see if you can find a life partner that shares your interests in life.

. . . or if you can't find one that shares your interests, get one that doesn't that you can get along with anyway.

I agree with the others. You tried. It didn't work. I don't see any good coming from you staying.

Of course Nesi, any prospective partner will have to get approval from your fellow CT Members :cool:
That's a piece of cake!
. . . or if you can't find one that shares your interests, get one that doesn't that you can get along with anyway.
There's a gal in Minnesota that sounds like she'd do... don't know if we'd ever be madly in love but we have similar backgrounds and 'get' each other

70 is not old. Is your goal to just make 70 and sit down. There are people that are older than 70 and still manage their life and doing well.
No not at all but at the same time I don't plan on working all day everyday when I'm 70 either. At some point I'd like to be able to fish some of these pools I've dug or just ride around and goof off half the day.

That's a piece of cake!

There's a gal in Minnesota that sounds like she'd do... don't know if we'd ever be madly in love but we have similar backgrounds and 'get' each other
Seize the moment go for it if it works then good if not try again there is a soul mate for all of us somewhere. I found mine 62 years ago on June 3 was my lucky day.

Just remember Nesi,everyone deserves to be happy. It's your turn now. Maybe you and Minn. Girl can keep each other happy. Best of luck to you
The problem with that asinine comment is that it is inherently untrue. I doubt Putin's happiness would line up with Zellenskyys.
Good or bad we don't always deserve what we get. There. but for the grace of G-d go I (or you)

The problem with that asinine comment is that it is inherently untrue. I doubt Putin's happiness would line up with Zellenskyys.
Good or bad we don't always deserve what we get. There. but for the grace of G-d go I (or you)
I took the poster's comment as just a word of encouragement.

Number 3 could have been expressed with less reference to violence. While in your case it may have been true,
(far be it from me to say otherwise) One never knows who is going to read what we print here or when. jmpov

Even if it wasn't just a common saying. I wouldn't expect such a fan of the christian good book to be offended by any violent references.

That's a piece of cake!

Go for it life is short and you don't know what will happen tomorrow.

That's a piece of cake!

Love comes in many different ways. It also changes as you grow together. I've been married 60 years next year. Good luck to you. And to her. Blessings.

Callmefence:
The road of self justification will not diminish the veracity of the statement. The Word is for all who would believe, including Christians.
I hope you are a fan as well! Bless your works of good will! LVR

Latest posts