Its like a Playboy Magazine of cows

Help Support CattleToday:

Tails are often trimmed on milking cows to above the hocks so they don't get manure and bedding on the udder or on the person putting the the milker on the cow.
Many of the show cattle, the tails are not trimmed so the tail tying string was used.
Also, on cows milked in parabone or parallel parlors, the tails are clipped and or shaved to prevent the manure and bedding from getting into the inflations as they are attached to the teats.
In areas with alot of flies, farmers will not clip or shave tails to give the cows a better chance at swatting flies but don't want to get swatted in the barn even if the tails are clean... they can hurt.
Farmers here now are singing the udders of the long hair so that the teats are easier to clean... used to be farmers clipped them but the singeing actually is quicker and the cows don't usually get as jumpy... which flies in the face of common sense... but I see it all the time.

I have seen pictures of stump tailed cows in confinement factory farms. How cruel is that? I suppose they have fly spray in the barns since cow comfort is now a thing. All you have to do is cut off the hair below the tailbone.

NO WAY am I putting a propane torch to my cows udders. But I just have one or two to shave.

I see pictures of people hand milking Scots Highland and Yaks with great hairy udders. No way.

The organic dairy Honeydew came from-- in the rainy season they are confinement since cows are no longer seen on their extensive river bottom pastures. Where are the cows? Must be the loafing barn, free stall barn or the milking parlor. Yet all those cows still have tails and switches.

Last edited:
Using the special singeing "torch" it is not "burning hot" , barely causes the cows to move a muscle and is done over and quick. I have felt it and it is not on the hair on the udder long enough to get hot. You pass it under the udder and maybe a little of the hair right in front of the udder on the belly and it barely touches it and the hair is just shorter... Not like they "burn them" or cause the cows to be bare skinned. When a farmer has 50-200 or more to get the hair off the udder, singeing is the fastest and easiest to do. No set up in a chute or noisy clipper... they do them right in the parlor before they milk them... and you can do one or 20 ... and put it down and forget it until you need it again. The first trip in the barn after a heifer freshens, she will get singed and then milked and it doesn't cause any more problem than just a first milking would.

Most of the dairies here will cut the switch high enough to be close to the hocks, but they do not cut the tailbone. They still have their tails and by spring, the tails have grown out more, so they have a perfectly good switch for the flies.

It is not allowed to band or cut off the tails so they only have stumps. I only had one farm that ever did that and after about 2 years they quit as they found it wasn't beneficial...

:)
They are called transexuals.

Inga our German Shepherd is 5 years old now. Summer before last I took her to a riot in an Oregon city just to see how she would behave. The other side (Antifa) crossed the street to confront our side with our American flags. On leash with a prong collar I told Inga to sit. A big fat male wearing a dress with hairy cleavage showing came to yell and scream at me. Inga did not break the sit, but looked at 'it' then into my eyes. I said Is that a boob job or are you just fat? He really started screaming then. I quietly said If you lay a hand on me this dog will get a piece of you. The heshe retreated back across the road. Inga was actually better trained than I was.

100_1916 (2).JPG

Last edited:
My mother told me when I was a little kid You are a Sh ite Disturber. :)

My 6 month old Jers heifer no longer finishes her Purina Stocker Grower at 2% of her weight. She only eats half that and walks off. She's been turned onto fresh pasture and is now 'camping out' at night with the old cow in pasture 1. I was worried she might have developed a fatty udder since she's been fed 2% of her weight since weaning at 12 weeks. So I felt around under there. I often handle her all over anyway. What does a fatty udder feel like? She seems to feel just the same, four little baby teats coming out of her tucked up belly skin.

My mother told me when I was a little kid You are a Sh ite Disturber. :)

My 6 month old Jers heifer no longer finishes her Purina Stocker Grower at 2% of her weight. She only eats half that and walks off. She's been turned onto fresh pasture and is now 'camping out' at night with the old cow in pasture 1. I was worried she might have developed a fatty udder since she's been fed 2% of her weight since weaning at 12 weeks. So I felt around under there. I often handle her all over anyway. What does a fatty udder feel like? She seems to feel just the same, four little baby teats coming out of her tucked up belly skin.
Without making the obvious degrading remark. I'd say a fatty udder probably feels similar to a ziplock bag of jello, smooth but firm and a little full.
When a side of beef is hanging in the cooler you can sex it by the way the udder fat vs cod fat is deposited.

Oh, I can check myself then. . . .Yep, I've got it.

This morning she's regained her appetite and finished her grain.

:)
They are called transexuals.

Inga our German Shepherd is 5 years old now. Summer before last I took her to a riot in an Oregon city just to see how she would behave. The other side (Antifa) crossed the street to confront our side with our American flags. On leash with a prong collar I told Inga to sit. A big fat male wearing a dress with hairy cleavage showing came to yell and scream at me. Inga did not break the sit, but looked at 'it' then into my eyes. I said Is that a boob job or are you just fat? He really started screaming then. I quietly said If you lay a hand on me this dog will get a piece of you. The heshe retreated back across the road. Inga was actually better trained than I was.

View attachment 24333
Taking a German Shepherd (or any large dog) to a riot to see how they behave illustrates a complete lax of mental dexterity
and a demented capacity for violence and if not violence then stupidity. I hope there is a facility available.