Its like a Playboy Magazine of cows

Help Support CattleToday:

Jersey bulls... I don't know what happened. Growing up I spent most of my time with "the old folks" and the term "like a jersey bull" usually denoted something of some size or some strength, and I can even remember one of the old women having one that was a decent sight or at least he was to my young eyes. Now most that I see look like they should have been tinned.

Yes, they don't usually show the picture of the bulls in the catalogs, just the daughters. I have seen these bulls. They look like cows with a pizzle.

ansom-cortez-listing_pqsrs.png
polledhero.jpg
Covington-Oliver-Mace-1024x731.jpg
Yet they are dangerous, fast and try to kill people so they have plenty of testosterone. They've been selected for 'dairyness' and 'milkiness' in the daughters among other things.

Tinned? Oliver-P has improved herds all over the world. He is worth millions of dollars. Yet, he has never known a cow.

From the poem-in Show Me Your Herd Bull

Some bulls stay where they are
They do it in a jar
It gets shipped around
To cows both near and far

Yes, they don't usually show the picture of the bulls in the catalogs, just the daughters. I have seen these bulls. They look like cows with a pizzle.

View attachment 23908
View attachment 23909
View attachment 23910
Yet they are dangerous, fast and try to kill people so they have plenty of testosterone. They've been selected for 'dairyness' and 'milkiness' in the daughters among other things.

Tinned? Oliver-P has improved herds all over the world. He is worth millions of dollars. Yet, he has never known a cow.

From the poem-in Show Me Your Herd Bull

Some bulls stay where they are
They do it in a jar
It gets shipped around
To cows both near and far
Never mentioned Oliver-P, I'm sure he's a good bull. And yes ma'am, most jersey bulls I've seen are just about fit for tinning.

I suppose that the selective breeding for dairy traits is probably responsible for the numbers of sorry-looking dairy bulls.

Oliver-P is the sire of those six Jersey honeys posted above.

Look at that cleavage. You want the udder to be well above the hocks so that massive milk production does not collapse and turn her into a cull swing .bag.

Oliver-Daughters.jpg

Sure. When you breed for some traits it can lose some others. For instance beef breeders want to breed for beefyness in cows and bulls. If you are breeding for milk you don't want a breeding animal that puts their energy into to making muscle, you want one that puts their energy into making milk. That must be why these dairy bulls are so shockingly effeminant.

What is a gomer bull? GOMER is an unfortunate hospital term for an old guy that will never get well that stands for Get Out Of My Emergency Room

Yes it is funny how they pose all the cows and bulls with their front feet up on a hill of dirt and yank their noses up in the air. Why don't they just stand them up square?

What is a gomer bull? GOMER is an unfortunate hospital term for an old guy that will never get well that stands for Get Out Of My Emergency Room
A gomer is a bull that can't breed but it will spot heats for you when ai'ing. Sometimes surgically modified or even a hermaphrodite.
At least back in the day when we were ai'ing that's how we used the term

A gomer bull is a bull that has been surgically altered so that he incapable of settling cows, but still has all the hormones to heat check.
I think a vasectomy is the fairly common way to gomer a bull today. Penile deflection or a Penectomy used to be common.

Oliver-P is the sire of those six Jersey honeys posted above.

Look at that cleavage. You want the udder to be well above the hocks so that massive milk production does not collapse and turn her into a cull swing .bag.

View attachment 23914

Sure. When you breed for some traits it can lose some others. For instance beef breeders want to breed for beefyness in cows and bulls. If you are breeding for milk you don't want a breeding animal that puts their energy into to making muscle, you want one that puts their energy into making milk. That must be why these dairy bulls are so shockingly effeminant.
You still see some holstein bulls around that aren't terrible to look at.

There's a big market for Holstein steers. McDonalds makes Mcburgers out of them.

There's also a patch that is put on the rumps of cows to see if other cows have been riding her.

Jerseys are loaded with hormones. My 4.5 month old heifer is now bulling. The little wench has been coming up behind and putting her chin on me. I have to carry a stick. Good thing there aren't any bulls around.

Guess I'm out of touch.
A gomer bull was a bull that they took the penis and surgically moved it so it came out the side of the bull. He could breed and ejaculate, just no way the penis could penetrate a cow. You can also take a steer and hype him up with hormones so he runs around and jumps the cows in heat.

Back to the subject at hand-- for some reason they want to keep their tails away from the udder for milking. Hamby's dairy sells tail holders.
1110-500 web vers.__44598.jpg
183f27f5ccc51c3d7c9ef832e1ae9c75.jpg

Back to the subject at hand-- for some reason they want to keep their tails away from the udder for milking. Hamby's dairy sells tail holders.
Getting slapped up side the face with a 💩y tail while hand milking , when it's -20 below will make you understand why some don't want tails in the way when milking. And what effect a tail can have on the cleanliness of milk.

Guess I'm out of touch.
A gomer bull was a bull that they took the penis and surgically moved it so it came out the side of the bull. He could breed and ejaculate, just no way the penis could penetrate a cow. You can also take a steer and hype him up with hormones so he runs around and jumps the cows in heat.
Another way it was done was by tying back the extensor muscle

Notice how those tropical teat suckers have the calf present to induce letdown and obtain cream.
Also, the hind legs of one cow are tied so she can't kick him off.

That dairy string with tails tied are machine milked. I used to trim Daphne's switch off level like a piece or rope. So she could not flick a poopy tail on her teats in order to reduce mastitis risk.

Latest posts