It's "herd" not "heard"

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
I'm no English professor but come on. I'm noticing Yankees spelling it that way also!

It's also "bred" not "bread" like we eat!

:lol:

Also quarters not udders

Won't even go into the whole sell sale thing

So, you're (or is it your or ur) implying this is just a dumb Yankee problem? :mrgreen:

I herd it from a freind that their aint no word spelled tocoma but its sposed to be Tacoma
Another thing it's feed mill that sales feed meal.
The their then and than and accept and except
But you know I ain't the spelling police

cross_7":30jm15r7 said:
I herd it from a freind that their aint no word spelled tocoma but its sposed to be Tacoma

I wish cross_7 would keep that to "hisself" :dunce:

tncattle":2omttbfl said:
cross_7":2omttbfl said:

I wish cross_7 would keep that to "hisself" :dunce:

I pacifically went outa my way to try and help
I think y'all just ain't being appreciative in naborly about the hole thang

I consider myself pretty good in English (not to bad considering I'm from Tennessee), but I always have difficulty when using "Then" or "Than". What's the rule on this?

TN Cattle Man":1bmud9ez said:
I consider myself pretty good in English (not to bad considering I'm from Tennessee), but I always have difficulty when using "Then" or "Than". What's the rule on this?

Use than when doing comparisons as in "I'd rather raise black cows than any other color."
Use then when working on time or sequences. "I first bought them red and white cows then realized I'd made a mistake and then bought them black cows and have been much more profitable since then cause them black cows do so much better than the red and white cows."

Just keep repeating those two sentences then you'll never make a mistake. :)

As long as we know what a person is trying then communication has been made. Spelling and usage is not about IQ. Back when we were in school most of us ran from a typewriter and hds a girlfriend write our term papers.

TN Cattle Man":34czzcho said:
We went to the cattle sale then we ate lunch.
I would rather have a truck than a car.

A person bales hay, not bails hay.
A calf is not out of a bull. It comes out of it's momma.

I am going to the store.
Would you like to go too?

Dega Moo":1idefrm3 said:
TN Cattle Man":1idefrm3 said:

Use than when doing comparisons as in "I'd rather raise black cows than any other color."
Use then when working on time or sequences. "I first bought those red and white cows then realized I'd made a mistake and then bought those black cows and have been much more profitable since then cause those black cows do so much better than the red and white cows."

Just keep repeating those two sentences then you'll never make a mistake. :)

other than the use of the word them and those :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

You can get yourself in some doodoo if you don't know the difference between do and due.

Latest posts