Its hard to believe

Help Support CattleToday:

I agree with the above. I understand the concern mentioned previously about it possibly being wasted, but as of yesterday I would rather error on the side of giving.

There was a guy outside of a walgreens that came up to my car. He said he needed something to eat. I thought "sure, cause you just popped or smoked your food budget." He said he was diabetic and just got out of the hospital and was staying in the old motel across the road waiting on his sister to come pick him, as he was going to live with her now. He was clean, not fancy. Had a watch on that I thought he would have already sold if he was an addict. Then I thought, maybe he was just a con. You know the kind that drives home to a house bigger than mine.

I figured, well feeding the man wouldn't be wrong no matter what. So I asked him if he liked hamburgers. Told him I'd be 15 minutes or so.

Watching from a distance as I came back, he was waiting against the building. No really bugging anyone. Looking at his watch, acting like he was hot.

Gave him his burgers, he was really appreciative. He then walked directly across the road to the hotel.

His story sure seemed to check out. I would hate to think he would have gone back into a diabetic crisis because I neglected to buy him a couple of hamburgers or whatever else.

Felt a little guilty as I was driving away for not being giving more often.

Jogeephus":3003fi5i said:
3Way, that's cause we are brothers only by different parents. :D
Jo what you and the wife have done reminds me of the scripture about "when you do this to the least of mine, you do it to me". God Bless my friend.

If it does turn into a regretful situation you can still hold your head up high... You did the right thing. I hope that every penny goes to good use.

Jogeephus":qqoeyq8u said:
Just wanted to let you know it is done. In an hour or so, someone will be feeling some blessings for the love they have shown for this child. I have to admit, my hand still is having a few spasms for letting it go but overall I feel pretty good about it. (I'm afraid my hand is going to he77 though)

The spasms will ease as you watch the boy become a man.

Jogeephus":2iew6rok said:
DB, I'm not a big fan of organized religion and while we give regularly to a certain church they do not get my tithe as I'd rather see this go to something more meaningful than a larger building or a more spectacular Christmas program. I have my beliefs and I think they are in keeping with the most important commandment.

It's refreshing to see a free thinker!

Commercialfarmer":1ogez0b8 said:
I agree with the above. I understand the concern mentioned previously about it possibly being wasted, but as of yesterday I would rather error on the side of giving.

There was a guy outside of a walgreens that came up to my car. He said he needed something to eat. I thought "sure, cause you just popped or smoked your food budget." He said he was diabetic and just got out of the hospital and was staying in the old motel across the road waiting on his sister to come pick him, as he was going to live with her now. He was clean, not fancy. Had a watch on that I thought he would have already sold if he was an addict. Then I thought, maybe he was just a con. You know the kind that drives home to a house bigger than mine.

I figured, well feeding the man wouldn't be wrong no matter what. So I asked him if he liked hamburgers. Told him I'd be 15 minutes or so.

Watching from a distance as I came back, he was waiting against the building. No really bugging anyone. Looking at his watch, acting like he was hot.

Gave him his burgers, he was really appreciative. He then walked directly across the road to the hotel.

His story sure seemed to check out. I would hate to think he would have gone back into a diabetic crisis because I neglected to buy him a couple of hamburgers or whatever else.

Felt a little guilty as I was driving away for not being giving more often.
I was walking into a gas station in our town a while back. A man approached me and said he was hungry, and asked if I could spare a couple dollars so he could go inside and get something to eat. I told him to wait till I was done and I would help him out. When I came out of the gas station he was standing by my truck, I opened the door and told him to hop in. He asked why? I said that my church food bank was just around the corner and I was going to make sure he had plenty to eat. To which he replied "F_ _k you man! F_ _k you! You know I ain't tryin to get something to eat." :lol: :lol:

Back to the thread. :tiphat: Jogee

Isom a couple years ago I was traveling I-35 an stopped for some refreshments....a guy was outside in the blazing heat all alone....as I went by he asked me if I had a dollar for a cold beer.....I looked at him like "do I look like a fool"??? Took him in and bought him a big tallboy. :lol2: :lol2: I figured he deserved it for being honest.

TexasBred":30fttz1l said:
Isom a couple years ago I was traveling I-35 an stopped for some refreshments....a guy was outside in the blazing heat all alone....as I went by he asked me if I had a dollar for a cold beer.....I looked at him like "do I look like a fool"??? Took him in and bought him a big tallboy. :lol2: :lol2: I figured he deserved it for being honest.
Thanks, that was me. Let me know your gas station stops on your next trip through. :D

There are some real winners out there aren't they? There was a guy in the town south of me who used to sit at the overpass with his dog and ask for money. He had a sign, "will work for food". He laughed all the way to the bank ... well actually the Holiday Inn. He lived there and we'd get drunk with him at the bar at night and he'd tell his secrets. That was a long time ago though. I'm sure he's probably a congressman now.

Latest posts