Its hard to believe

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I was talking to an aquantance today and learned he had just left the courtroom after adopting a baby. He is about as old as I am and I just couldn't see how or why he would adopt a child at his age. I also know that he doesn't make much money so this would put undue hardship on him. He explained to me the details which were just shocking and that brought him to tears. His wife went to check on one of the neighor's who lived in government housing who had recently had an 8 3/4 pound baby boy. The baby was a 1 1/2 months old when she saw it laying in a filthy crib and weighing only 5 1/2 lbs. She called her husband and he came and looked and said he had never seen animals so mistreated so they called DeFacs and they came and took the baby from the mother and allowed them to take the baby home as well as the mother so they opened their house up for both. The baby stunk and hadn't had a bath since it left the hospital. Doctors predicted the child would never make it cause it had three major problems from the abuse. His wife must be stubborn and wasn't going to give up on the child so she researched nutrition on the net and concocked a baby food made from venison and some other things which were severely lacking in the child. A month went by and it was touch and go but the real mother wanted to leave their home and the baby and go back to whatever the good taxpayers of this country pay her to do. DeFacs told her this would be considered abandonement unless she signed the baby over to their care which she promptly did. A year and a half later they just got full custody of the child from the court and during this time the father and mother have only visited the child 5 times. AND THEY ARE NEIGHBORS! Folks, if you haven't already figured this out our system is broke when we reward people for doing such as this by providing them the means to continue doing as they do. If this child was a cow she would be locked up and the key thrown away. And get this, the parasite is pregant again! I'm sorry if I'm treading on thin ice here but I'm upset. This issue has weighed heavily on me all day and I had to find some way of helping this family out and I think I have come up with a plan. As many of you know I have been selling down with the high prices and the tax man is really going to do a number on me this year. Actually he already has but my accountant says they will be needing more before the year so I ain't a happy camper. Since I still have several loads to sell I toyed with the idea that I might sell a load of calves in this boy's name and have someone at the bank give the family the money where I can remain anonymous. Parting with this money seemed like the right thing to do but it was also hard earned and had an affinity to my hand. As if from divine intervention I got a phone call from my son who is in college. Apparantly his college is so pleased with his grades, his extracurricular activities and his volunteerism, they are going to give him a free ride his senior year so I no longer have that expense to use as an excuse. Now, its just a matter of how greedy I am. Afterall, I am not a liberal but a conservative. Out of respect for my wife, I called her and ran my idea and the news by her and she was in full agreement with my idea. So as it stands, I will sell a load in this boys name and someone at the bank will call them and tell them there is something waiting for them at the bank. I thought about just giving them a check but then I'd have to pay taxes on that and I'll be damned if I want any of this money going to this poor child's mother or any other POS like her. If my conservative view have offended any liberals out there I'm sorry - I'm truly sorry your head is stuck in the sand but I'm going to do my part to undo what you and your liberal ideas have done to this poor child.

Your heart is absolutely in the right place but I've learned that I can expect to be burned every single time that I help someone by giving money... I hate it.
Is your friend in tight times because of poor financial decisions? What is his mindset on money? Did he grow up poor himself?
I hate to ask those questions but I've learned the hard way that poor is a mindset as aposed to the size of the paycheck. There's a real chance that they could go to the bank and see that money and go buy a bigger tv and a car they can't make payments on(and will most likely convince themselves that it will help them raise him) and be right back in the same situation by nightfall.
I like to help with suplies. "more meat and veggies than I can ever use" is common. So is "it doesn't fit my kids and I can't find the reciept to take it back so you might as well use it."
I hate to be cynical, but unless he's in lockstep with you on money you're waisting time and money helping by the gift of money.
God bless them for stepping in.

Anything to support a decent home for one of those kids has got to be a good thing.

It's unfortunate that these same people do go on to create more problems... not a new thing, applying the basic rules of genetic selection to humans really upsets the liberals.

Jo is the real deal.

I am proud to call you a friend Jo. Even if the money you freely give is mis-used you will be paid back 7-fold in some fashion or the other. It is wierd how that works but good things will come your way and you will prosper far beyond the value of the load of cattle. It might not be in money but then again it might. That call from the college might just be the start.

CP, your point is well taken and you are not being cynical at all - just being realistic. They say most cynics are disillusioned idealists and I fit nicely into that category and many may feel I don't do enough. For instance, a fella I know has a child that needed a major operation and the church and the community banded together to help the child out. A friend gave $1000 to the cause and prodded me to do the same but I refused and he looked at me like I was being selfish. The community collected a bunch of money and the child's father promptly bought himself a new truck, motorcycle and something else and stuck the hospital with the bill. Many in the community were outraged and I was vindicated cause I knew how the worthless POS was even though he was a deacon in the church. My friend is furious and that man best hope they don't meet on a dark road one night. However, in this case, this aquantance (not friend) is not on hard times. He just doesn't make much money. He is just a simple guy. Country some would say. Comes from a home that was not as nice as what they give people in projects but it was always clean. Always had a garden. In ways he is rich just not monetarily. He took an old house and fixed it up himself. He owns it. Just not in the best neighborhood. Its small but spotless. Has a nice garden every year and they put up vegetables and they eat deer meat on a regular basis. I got to know him through my son who was in the same grade as his son. My son praised him and his family as being good people so I've always thought well of them. Like me, he too is paying college tuition and I know its probably harder on him than me but seeing what he has done with this child and the life long sacrifice he is making for the good of this child makes me all the more proud to know him. While I know its possible, I think it highly unlikely he or his family would use this money for any selfish reason. Of course I could be wrong and if I am I think I'd still rather see him blow it than the nuts in DC.

Jogeephus":ce4qlwly said:
He just doesn't make much money. He is just a simple guy. .
That's my point... He's really good at dealing with the amount of cash flow he has coming in. A big influx might be to much...It's kind of like how most people that win the lottery are bankrupt within a few years....
People that see a load of groceries as a Godsend don't have the capacity to handle a years worth of groceries at once.
Thank you for stepping in. I hate that I've gotten to where I'm jaded about it. I'll pay to have mommy spayed if you'll haul her to the vet.

cow pollinater":162bzmdh said:
Jogeephus":162bzmdh said:
That's my point... He's really good at dealing with the amount of cash flow he has coming in. A big influx might be to much...It's kind of like how most people that win the lottery are bankrupt within a few years....
People that see a load of groceries as a Godsend don't have the capacity to handle a years worth of groceries at once.
Thank you for stepping in. I hate that I've gotten to where I'm jaded about it. I'll pay to have mommy spayed if you'll haul her to the vet.

No problem, I'm jaded as well and you are merely being realistic. Throwing money at a problem isn't going to fix anything. This is what the govenment needs to understand. For some reason they think people are stupid and need their help. It could be argued that the stupid ones are the ones working and paying the taxes so these parasites can live off the system.

Rather than spaying, do you not think it would be cheaper for all concerned to euthanize?

Well, I trust your judgment and I'm sorry that I've been the stick in the mud. God bless you for stepping in where it's needed.
As far as euthenazia is concerned, I just have to do a bunch of soul searching. Sometimes I see hope and sometimes I think it's just for the best... What a sick world we have on our hands.

Jogeephus":2kat6o8t said:
cow pollinater":2kat6o8t said:
Jogeephus":2kat6o8t said:

No problem, I'm jaded as well and you are merely being realistic. Throwing money at a problem isn't going to fix anything. This is what the govenment needs to understand. For some reason they think people are stupid and need their help. It could be argued that the stupid ones are the ones working and paying the taxes so these parasites can live off the system.

Rather than spaying, do you not think it would be cheaper for all concerned to euthanize?

We might give all of the women birth control pills or offer to have their tubes tied for free.

It sure did my morale some good to read this. After all the garbage and human misery you see in this old world, it does my heart good to know there are still good people of conscience with such honorable morals out there.

MO_cows":219q00ac said:
It sure did my morale some good to read this. After all the garbage and human misery you see in this old world, it does my heart good to know there are still good people of conscience with such honorable morals out there.
The new parents and Jogeephus are to be given :clap: :clap: :clap: :tiphat:
I have given money on occasions that if I had it to do over I would not give it.Just have to look at that as a bad debt. Sometimes I am the most gullible person in the world. But I would rather give where it is misused than to not help where it was really needed and appreciated.

I wish I could make the decision as to where to direct my tax money. A lot of these government handouts should be controlled by individuals, churches, charity organnizations.
What I mean is cut taxes by the amount the government gives away and let us keep the money and we could determne where to give it.

I think there are still a lot of really good people in this country and I guess in the world. We just mostly hear about the other kind.

you could always make a deposit every month and see what happens to the cash. the same way you were gonna make it in a large sum..maybe a pita but you could see how it goes..or do a portion til its time to pay taxes and if they warrant and are worthy of the help make the big transfer.

props to you jo..you sir are an upstanding man..and your family as well!

i know a man my age owns a motorcycle shop...45 yrs ols and adopted 4 kids. 2 infant twins and a cpl other young boys. he has none of his own. hes very well off but not that you'd ever know. i talk to him bout them kids and the way he feels bout all that hes done out makes me cry

you sir are on the same plane...god bless

gary

Obviously I do not know you personally but you are my hero and I mean that. Your selfless act is proof positive of the goodness of your heart. I am proud to know you even if only via CT

:tiphat: to you Jo and the folks that adopted the child. Just gotta remember that there's no strings attached to a gift, so you shouldn't fret over how the money will be spent. Hopefully, it does go for the betterment of the child's life.

Some people do good things and insist on being anonymous. That's all well and good if that is their choice and they are humble or shy or whatever.

But I think it does even more good in the world to share the news of a good deed. Because then, other people are inspired by it and might do a good deed of their own, see? The pay it forward concept.