Itchy insect bites in KY

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman":3txzncd8 said:
Sense we're on the subject of insects,I have noticed something werid going on here.
I have not seen one wasp or dirt dobber,or honey bees this year.
I was just talking about this with a feller yesterday. This is very unusual.
I pay close attention to the above because I'm highly allergec to wasp's and honey bee's.
And another thing,by this time of year I have moved at least twenty or so fire ant hills from my yard.So far this year only one.

Cal
Dirt daubers are all up here in MO.

No chiggers and ticks are extremely rare. In fact a general lack of biting vermon of any nature. Another good reason to live where I do.

Calman":1kgf7xiu said:
Sense we're on the subject of insects,I have noticed something werid going on here.
I pay close attention to the above because I'm highly allergec to wasp's and honey bee's.
And another thing,by this time of year I have moved at least twenty or so fire ant hills from my yard.So far this year only one.

Cal

Plenty down here--especially daubers and red wasps.

Calman":1cjm4oo5 said:

Cal
Plenty of wasp and dirt daubers heres....nationally the honey bee population is in decline....colony collapse syndrome is what it is being termed. Variety of causes and none definitive. this could be a real problem if it is not turned around relatively soon. The european honeybee is not the only pollinator but it is certainly the most effective.

we just got a notice yesterday about quarantines and moving southern hay north because bales in contact with the ground have been moving fire ants north.....

Latest posts