Italian disc mower

Help Support CattleToday:

snoopdog

Reaction score
Anyone used a G&S mower? , I need to upgrade, and found one that is in good shape for a pretty decent price.

Nesikep

Reaction score
I've learned to stay away from anything italian built.. Great ideas, very poor quality materials and nothing lasts.. on a disc mower that are usually hard enough on parts even built well, this thing sounds like it'll be in the shop between each use.. Just my two bits... maybe G&S is better?

chevytaHOE5674

Reaction score
Do you have a dealer that can provide you with parts and service well into the future?

If not then find a machine that can offer you that.

jltrent

Reaction score
Pay the extra and get something name brand......I hate spending hours on the computer and phone trying to track down dealers/parts for something like that. If you find parts usually expensive and slow getting them.

OP
snoopdog

snoopdog

Reaction score
Actually , we do have a source for parts relatively close . The guy had quite a bit of work done on it recently , he bought it for a spare , had it repaired . He isn't a cheapskate, then decided to quit farming , he's almost 87. He spent 1500 getting it fixed , not sure what all he had done to , gearbox etc, but I bought it for 1100 , still have to go get it. Time will tell I guess , but I think it will be alright , even though I would like to have a major brand , preferably a trail mower . If I don't like it , I think I can trade it in and still be good, but thanks for the replies .

Latest posts