It Was A Tree Hugger Alright

Help Support CattleToday:

icandoit

Reaction score
Well, it happened. I was on my way to Houston from Flatonia and I come up behind a Prius, who is that, Toyota? His license plate indicated he was from Washington state and he was driving 55 or so in the fast lane. OK. I notice he has a "Save The Trees" bumper sticker on his bumper. Ok. I start to go around him with my POW-MIA and Vietnam, and 1st Cav
division bumper sticker on MY truck. As I get ahead of him, he speeds up and catches up with me and flips me off. Alas, my wife was with me and I couldn't take any action ( not to mention I didn't have my 9mil with me), so I just smile and make a gesture of me pulling a trigger. He backed off pretty fast. Wimp. I kinda pulled into his lane with my Dodge PU like I was coming over at him. What a look of fright he had on his face. Priceless. Job well done.

Dick

icandoit":2h7ivrww said:
Well, it happened. I was on my way to Houston from Flatonia and I come up behind a Prius, who is that, Toyota? His license plate indicated he was from Washington state and he was driving 55 or so in the fast lane. OK. I notice he has a "Save The Trees" bumper sticker on his bumper. Ok. I start to go around him with my POW-MIA and Vietnam, and 1st Cav
division bumper sticker on MY truck. As I get ahead of him, he speeds up and catches up with me and flips me off. Alas, my wife was with me and I couldn't take any action ( not to mention I didn't have my 9mil with me), so I just smile and make a gesture of me pulling a trigger. He backed off pretty fast. Wimp. I kinda pulled into his lane with my Dodge PU like I was coming over at him. What a look of fright he had on his face. Priceless. Job well done.

Dick

Dick,

You have hereby been issued the Congressional Medal of Honor.

SALUTE!!!!

I got one earlier this week, but I'll refrain from any details.

I'm not a good ole boy, but vehicle types, bumper stickers and clever gestures aside, I'd venture to say this was a bit childish and could have caused a serious accident. So, court-martial me!

It's probably a good thing it wasn't me and my old woman it happened. I wouldn't of had time to get mad and she packs her own brand of misery. She can go from 0 to b---h in about .003 seconds and has less use for tree huggers then anyone I know.Z

icandoit":1fmunjbj said:
Alas, my wife was with me and I couldn't take any action
Dick

Did you thank her for being there?

I'm glad all the tree huggers are from Washington and not Oregon!

Alan

I would just like to hog tie that little liberal ba@#ard and make him recite "I have the freedom to be a liberal tree hugger because of veterans like you, SIR' . Punks

Ok, I'm blonde...why would a tree hugger flip you off, Dick? I thought tree huggers were fanatical environmentalists. I'm honestly not understanding why your bumperstickers would set him off and make him act like the fool he obviously is.

And by the way, I'm with Gale. That whole deal could've gone south pretty quick...a bad accident could've happened.

Alice

Alice":1f7xmnoz said:
Ok, I'm blonde...why would a tree hugger flip you off, Dick? I thought tree huggers were fanatical environmentalists. I'm honestly not understanding why your bumperstickers would set him off and make him act like the fool he obviously is.

And by the way, I'm with Gale. That whole deal could've gone south pretty quick...a bad accident could've happened.

Alice

Just a guess, but I'm guessing that the "tree hugger" may have been pretty far left on the political spectrum. This is a gross generalization, but many of those folks tend to not like or appreciate anything military. May have seen Dick's bumper stickers and assumed he was a "baby killer" or something.

On a side note, you're right, things could have gone south pretty quick. A few years ago, a good friend of mine followed someone who flipped him off, pulled him out of his car, and beat the heck out of him. Yes, the "flipper" may think twice about it next time, but my friend now has a criminal record for the rest of his life. Not worth it,IMHO.

Van's right on, many "tree huggers" are far left liberal loud mouths. Many of them travel from around the country to the "current hotspot" to add to a protest or have the chance to have their voice heard. Such as the trade summit in Seattle, or a presidental visit. Many "tree huggers" are not from the Pacific Northwest, it just seems to be their Mecca, because our States and local government won't protect us from them (OR and WA).

Right now in Portland a group of them are protesting a store that sells furs, the store has ben in business since the 30's or 40's. The huggers are screaming, spitting, or in some cases, getting physical with anyone that walks past the store on the side walk, wether they intend to go in the store or not. The only answer the local gov. has for the store owner is that it is free speech.

Another reason for a carry permit for a 9mm.
Alan

Being from Washington, I can see why people think that tree huggers come from here. There is definitely an over abundance of the whiny crybaby pinheads who don't want to get a life. They seem to congregate here because of the obvious logging industry. The thing is they almost always live in urban areas, and make life miserable for the hard working people involved in timber. Some of these idiots are actually paid to protest. People like that aren't fit to sleep with pigs! :x

tree hugger or not you should not be a dick by name and nature, these things can get out of hand and cause serious accidents. just let him be the dick head and take it in your stride, it is harder to stay up on your plain than it is to come down to his. just my two bits worth

The combination of driving a gas guzzling Dodge Truck probably made him mad also.

I know it is dangerous displaying anger with a moving vehicle but I do know that I would have a hard time standing by getting flipped off by a driver and especially one with a Save the Trees sticker.

I witnessed a Semi on top of a car load of kids one day because the kids flipped him off, he chased them about 10 miles and then ran over the top of their car at a stop light. Then got out and was jumping up and down on the top of their car saying he was going to kill any of them still alive. Right at down town Miami OK. Never heard for sure what he got but I know he had to go to jail a long time because of his temper.

Victoria":2h870acq said:
When Jesus said to love our enemies I think he was including tree huggers...

Tree huggers seem to be much more violent then any other "type" in normal society.... IMO. I don't think Jesus intended them to drive iron spikes into trees so saws would splinter when they hit them. Or what would Jesus think of a person spitting on a elderly woman because of her coat, or the guy who turn thousands of farm raised mink lose to die in the woods and burn the family's farm. No I don't think we can bring Jesus into this.

Alan

It is funny how we get blamed for the tree huggers here in Washington when most of them came here from other places. In fact for every save a tree pumper sticker I see around here I see 10 that say, "Earth First, we will log the other planets later."

Tree huggers are best ignored. They want people to take notice of them. 20 years of falling timber I have run into my share of tree huggers.

Dave

Alan":2awd44rb said:
Victoria":2awd44rb said:
When Jesus said to love our enemies I think he was including tree huggers...

Tree huggers seem to be much more violent then any other "type" in normal society.... IMO. I don't think Jesus intended them to drive iron spikes into trees so saws would splinter when they hit them. Or what would Jesus think of a person spitting on a elderly woman because of her coat, or the guy who turn thousands of farm raised mink lose to die in the woods and burn the family's farm. No I don't think we can bring Jesus into this.

Alan

Alan,
We have to live our lives with Jesus included in all parts of it. Not once did I say they are living the lives Jesus wants them to live but that doesn't give us any excuses.

I know we should turn the other cheek but I can also realize that everyone loose temper time to time and when a tree hugger flips you off going down the highway this might be the time that being an Imperfect man might kick in.

Latest posts