Is this an assault rifle, my xmas to myself

Help Support CattleToday:

I had one in my coyote killing days. I liked it a lot. I just used the 5 shot magazines. Take that little instant of more time to make the first shot work. I did know a guy from Montana who used one calling coyotes. He said if he missed the first it was fun seeing how many gears the coyote could grab while the next 29 were coming his way.

Dave":17p57ftd said:
I had one in my coyote killing days. I liked it a lot. I just used the 5 shot magazines. Take that little instant of more time to make the first shot work. I did know a guy from Montana who used one calling coyotes. He said if he missed thqe first it was fun seeing how many gears the coyote could grab while the next 29 were coming his way.
Now that's a funny thought. Very true that the more u shoot the faster they get.

Dave":3l2128om said:
I had one in my coyote killing days. I liked it a lot. I just used the 5 shot magazines. Take that little instant of more time to make the first shot work. I did know a guy from Montana who used one calling coyotes. He said if he missed the first it was fun seeing how many gears the coyote could grab while the next 29 were coming his way.

:lol: that sounds like something I would do!

Ai use my mini 30 more than my mini 14. That way ammo fits both of my sks and ak. Neither one is terribly accurate, but a blast to shoot. Have killed several deer and hogs with it.

I still have over 20,000 rounds of norinco steel case in cans. When aft first declared it ammo piercing, I had just received a shipment of 50,000+ rounds. I got the shipment in on Thursday and that Saturday they were at my store telling me I could not resell it.they gave me a couple choices, sell it to a police force, an armory, or keep it and self use it. So I kept it, then they declared it ok to sell. I bought it so cheap decided I will just blast away.

Alan":2dg96i6d said:
Bought this for myself a few days ago, not really a Xmas present to myself just a rifle I have wanted for a while.

Would this be considered an assault rifle?

How about now?

Definately not! I've always treasured my Mini 14 as a "truck" gun. It's an early model, all wood stock/forearm, no scope mount provision. With the OEM 5 round mag, it carries nicely and doesn't draw attention. That's why I've always been partial it. I personally never had a desire to own an AR type platform, but my oldest son just built me one chambered in 300 Blackout. All I can say is.......I don't know why it took me so long, I love it.

Nesikep":3rubz8f6 said:
CB.. What's a 0 power scope like? I'd imagine you meant 1x?
It is no magnification I can't find the peep and front sight with or without glasses. All my back sights are to close now for some reason. I can find those crosshairs just fine in that scope and work on pigs in this thicket.
Magnified scope on something busting through this thicket doesn't work well.

No magnification is 1x :)
I have the same problem with open sights, the back site is about 2" too close for me to focus on.. On one of my old cooey .22's I turned it around backward and surprisingly that worked out pretty good.. all it's for is for shooting pack rats though

Latest posts