is it just me

Help Support CattleToday:

cross_7

Reaction score
or is this guy going bear hunting with a butter knife ?

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/politics ... s-obama-re

By Michael Allen, Wed, August 22, 2012

Lubbock County Judge Tom Head and Commissioner Mark Heinrich discussed why it is necessary to raise the local tax rate next year, on Monday, reports Fox 34 News.

The tax increase is needed, they said, for attorneys in the D.A.'s office, more staff for law enforcement and also emergencies, such as President Obama's re-election (video below).

Judge Head said: "He's going to try to hand over the sovereignty of the United States to the UN, and what is going to happen when that happens? I'm thinking the worst. Civil unrest, civil disobedience, civil war maybe. And we're not just talking a few riots here and demonstrations, we're talking Lexington, Concord, take up arms and get rid of the guy."

"Now what's going to happen if we do that, if the public decides to do that? He's going to send in U.N. troops. I don't want 'em in Lubbock County. OK. So I'm going to stand in front of their armored personnel carrier and say 'you're not coming in here'. And the sheriff, I've already asked him, I said 'you gonna back me' he said, 'yeah, I'll back you'. Well, I don't want a bunch of rookies back there. I want trained, equipped, seasoned veteran officers to back me."

There is serious unrest everywhere. Don't know the guy. Can't answer your question. There are the same stories all around.

Folks are fed up all the way around. Folks are fed up with both sides.

Careful how you respond to this.

I think that Boogie is right people are fed up. And it isn't just in one region. It is all over the country. The government seems to be trying to manage every last detail of peoples lifes and they are fed up.

i don't disagree, but adding personel to fight the united nations which willl be the U.S armed forces
i don't think they have thougt that through.

cross_7":1908j7c7 said:
i don't disagree, but adding personel to fight the united nations which willl be the U.S armed forces
i don't think they have thougt that through.

This thought was debated many times prior to Independance.

a police issued ar vs the firepower of the U.S armed forces....
reminds me of watching the news and people are throwing rocks at a tank or helicopter

And it could be that like has happend in other countries the a lot of the armed forces went to the opposing side bringing their weapons. Just saying.

Cal

I've heard a lot of arguements in favor of raising taxes, but this is the strangest of all.
I strongly doubt the US army would obey an order to capture Lubbock, TX--even if such an order was given.
This guy is just a politician looking to balance his budget and hoping his constituents can be demagogued.
No offense to Lubbock, but could a UN army even FIND Lubbock.

That's true. Oath of enlistment of an officer only includes an oath to the consitution.

Enlisted agree to defend constitution and obey orders from officers and president. But then again ALL are sworn to defend the constitution from enemies both foreign and domestic. Not sure what a domestic terrorist looks like but I think I have an idea and I'm sure the troops and officers can figure that one out for themselves as well.

john250":3a1g0klb said:
I've heard a lot of arguements in favor of raising taxes, but this is the strangest of all.
I strongly doubt the US army would obey an order to capture Lubbock, TX--even if such an order was given.
This guy is just a politician looking to balance his budget and hoping his constituents can be demagogued.
No offense to Lubbock, but could a UN army even FIND Lubbock.
From what I've seen of the blue beanie UN troops, they couldn't--if their lives depended on it-- fight their way into or back out of little ol Cleveland Texas on their best day and Cleveland's worst. Lubbock would be like trying to take Bejing.

Jogeephus":3avu6jcz said:
That's true. Oath of enlistment of an officer only includes an oath to the consitution.

Enlisted agree to defend constitution and obey orders from officers and president. But then again ALL are sworn to defend the constitution from enemies both foreign and domestic. Not sure what a domestic terrorist looks like but I think I have an idea and I'm sure the troops and officers can figure that one out for themselves as well.

You're right about the oath all military personel pledge, except you left out one important word in the oath. They agree to obey all LAWFULL orders. I'm sure our military would view an order to take Lubbock, TX, to be in confict with the consitution and therefore illegal and refuse to obey it.

Having checked with MM and being mindful of the ability of anyone to read these forums, I would have to agree with boogie & dave. Many unhappy people in many different places

Don't like to be in disagreable, but I don't think the people in this country are near ready to take any overt action.
Just aint enough fed up enough. Look what they elected 4 years ago and what they may elect again.
Got to choose your battles carerfully boys, and timing very carefully.

My opinion -- I think many are just flat fed up with the current administration. I think most are just flat fed up with big government. I don't even want to think about a revolution here in the USA, but (God forbid) that should happen, I think most American military service people would have a hard time turning their guns on their country-men/neighbors/friends, and I think most citizens would have a hard time bearing arms against United States military folks/neighbors/friends. I can only envision big, wide "deer in the headlights" eyes, looking at each other, and saying, "WTF ?!?!?"

Latest posts