Is It Just Me.....???????

Help Support CattleToday:

warpaint

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 29, 2005
Messages
4,561
Reaction score
0
Location
south central Tennessee
Or does anybody else think the people you went to school with have aged greatly, while I'm still pretty much the same as I was then? (I mean not countin the hair, that aint there.)

Of course my mental image of myself could be a little flawed!! :shock:
 

alisonb

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 11, 2009
Messages
5,354
Reaction score
25
Location
South Africa
I would suppose it depends on how long one has been out of school?
warpaint":2szygh5z said:
Of course my mental image of myself could be a little flawed!!
I think thats what keeps me young :lol: I do still wear the same size clothing though ;-)
 
OP
warpaint

warpaint

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 29, 2005
Messages
4,561
Reaction score
0
Location
south central Tennessee
alisonb":23g3wa62 said:
I would suppose it depends on how long one has been out of school?
warpaint":23g3wa62 said:
Of course my mental image of myself could be a little flawed!!
I think thats what keeps me young :lol: I do still wear the same size clothing though ;-)

Let's just say I been out of school for more than 20 years but less than 50. :shock:
 

jw

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 27, 2003
Messages
1,201
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
After almost 40 years I notice the ones I can still recognize and remember all look so old and tired and stressed and, well you get the idea. I, too, have not changed other than a couple of extra pounds and a little less hair and a little slower and, well you get the idea.
 

alisonb

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 11, 2009
Messages
5,354
Reaction score
25
Location
South Africa
alacattleman":3s70uose said:
hard to fight gravity
Gravity? Who believes in gravity! :(
Met up with an old school friend the other day-married,2 children(1 on Ritilan for so called ADD),overweight,stressed etc and all she could talk about was her little world.Sad but what an eye opener.
We need to live our lives to the full and we don't have much time to do that.
 

jw

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 27, 2003
Messages
1,201
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
chrisy":1qw2kzao said:
WP read my post who's this old lady I'm sure it will work for men to... :lol: :lol: :lol: :cry2:

I read it and I'll agree it will work for men, but we would never admit it.
 

MikeC

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 11, 2005
Messages
7,636
Reaction score
0
Location
Alabama
warpaint":31mnhyfj said:
Or does anybody else think the people you went to school with have aged greatly, while I'm still pretty much the same as I was then? (I mean not countin the hair, that aint there.)

Of course my mental image of myself could be a little flawed!! :shock:

Seeing as how you didn't graduate from the 6th grade til you were 25, you shouldn't be but 2 years older than the rest of your class????????????????? :lol:
 
OP
warpaint

warpaint

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 29, 2005
Messages
4,561
Reaction score
0
Location
south central Tennessee
MikeC":zeydnzt8 said:
warpaint":zeydnzt8 said:
Or does anybody else think the people you went to school with have aged greatly, while I'm still pretty much the same as I was then? (I mean not countin the hair, that aint there.)

Of course my mental image of myself could be a little flawed!! :shock:

Seeing as how you didn't graduate from the 6th grade til you were 25, you shouldn't be but 2 years older than the rest of your class????????????????? :lol:

I resemble that remark! :cowboy:
 

SRBeef

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 22, 2007
Messages
2,931
Reaction score
1
Location
SW Wisconsin
john250":zizjho12 said:
My class ('68) mostly has one foot in the grave, except for this one gal who has extraordinary genetics. She looks as young as me. :lol:

John, I graduated from high school in '66 and only went to one reunion, the 40th, a couple years ago and noticed the same thing you did.

Jim
 

HerefordSire

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 2, 2006
Messages
5,212
Reaction score
0
Location
Arkansas
grannysoo":2vg28srv said:
SRBeef":2vg28srv said:
Since this is a cattle site, I guess a part of it is just genetics also?

jmho.

Jim

Some of those folks might have had some line breeding going on........ :help:

Could be important to keep the wealth inside the family like royalty. Once you married outside, not only do the gene get cut, but many times the wealth does also. Losing wealth may not be a bad thing until we don't have any assets left, then it could become very important.
 

Ryder

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 18, 2004
Messages
5,851
Reaction score
41
Location
Southeast Louisiana (Rep. of W. Fla.)
alisonb":20tyoqx9 said:
alacattleman":20tyoqx9 said:
hard to fight gravity
Gravity? Who believes in gravity! :(
Met up with an old school friend the other day-married,2 children(1 on Ritilan for so called ADD),overweight,stressed etc and all she could talk about was her little world.Sad but what an eye opener.
We need to live our lives to the full and we don't have much time to do that.
Roger that. But her little world may have been what she was comfortable with.

We had a class reunion July 25. Two months and one day later another classmate was dead. He had a leg problem from a stroke and was walkiing around his swiming pool. Fell in and drowned.
Each reunion a list is read of those that have gone on. Gets longer every time.
Lost the first two in a car wreck the summer right after high school.

Treasure your friends.
 

alisonb

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 11, 2009
Messages
5,354
Reaction score
25
Location
South Africa
Ryder":ln4rfk8o said:
But her little world may have been what she was comfortable with.
If only that were the case.
I believe it is really important to associated with all ages, meet people from different walks of life and have a passion (whether it be cooking,art,what ever).
These go along way in bettering ones attitude in life but i'm afraid are no elixir.
 
Top