Is it HOT yet?

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4":29rmibd4 said:
104f yesterday! I'm stuck inside with the airconditoner going.. Gemonee I hope the electricity doesn't go out! :shock: Right now I'd have to go stay in the frozen foods dep at HEB :lol2: Did anyone see the Married With Children where they did that?

There were new records in electricity consumption set yesterday. The comptrollers are issuing "hands-off" declarations every day now. What this means is plant maintenance activities that might risk tripping a unit or even causing a run back in generation cannot be implemented.

Did anyone see me on the local DFW news? I never interview with any reporter for anything. Management told me to do the interview on heat preparedness so I had no choice. They were wanting to do a feature story on the feral hogs with me a while back and I told them to pound sand. They didn't try to make me look like a fool this time or air a 3 second clip of me stammering from a 20 minute interview.

backhoeboogie":3vqhdibg said:
Did anyone see me on the local DFW news? I never interview with any reporter for anything. Management told me to do the interview on heat preparedness so I had no choice. They were wanting to do a feature story on the feral hogs with me a while back and I told them to pound sand. They didn't try to make me look like a fool this time or air a 3 second clip of me stammering from a 20 minute interview.

You are a bigger man than I am. :tiphat: Several years ago the tv news wanted to interview me about something. I was told I "needed" to go. I showed up on time, went through the makeup part but when they were explaining how everything would work and I saw all those cameras and monitors and stuff I chickened out and went home. Don't know what they did to fill the time. Don't really care. I caught a little grief over it but to be honest I think I'd rather have my but whooped than be on tv. JMO

Vette.. you must be north of me.. we get a reprieve from the heat tomorrow, with temps in the upper 90's, but back to 100 by Wednesday. 20% change of rain tomorrow, 30% on Tuesday. Of course that will change two or three times in the next 12 hours.

Hope everyone that needs it gets some rain! It's terribly dry here.

TheBullLady":3cuwspwh said:
Vette.. you must be north of me.. we get a reprieve from the heat tomorrow, with temps in the upper 90's, but back to 100 by Wednesday. 20% change of rain tomorrow, 30% on Tuesday. Of course that will change two or three times in the next 12 hours.

Hope everyone that needs it gets some rain! It's terribly dry here.

I wish. I'd have gotten more rain. I'm about 80 miles south of Waco, 20 West of Bryan on Hwy 21.

This is the first time a chance of showers has been in the forecast in 3-4 weeks. (at least the forecast I follow) Looks like the line has already gotten busted up so best we can probably hope for is a near hit.

Looks like you have a 40% chance of rain tomorrow and Tuesday. Given the cracks I have on my place, an 8 inch drizzle rain would suit me fine if I could get it!! I'm almost wishing for a tropical storm to head this way.

BeefmasterB":364t47q3 said:
Looks like you have a 40% chance of rain tomorrow and Tuesday. Given the cracks I have on my place, an 8 inch drizzle rain would suit me fine if I could get it!! I'm almost wishing for a tropical storm to head this way.
They might work for you but I don't even put faith in those anymore. All the tropical storms and hurricanes that we have had in the last 10 years wouldn't have filled a rain guage.

It's turned pretty nice here today, humidity is down. Last week about killed me. I think the older I get the better I take the cold and take heat worse. We have weather over 100 degrees in summer and weather that is 35 below in winter, but it usually don't stay at those extremes for long. I don't know how y'all take it, I really don't.

Vette I feel for you on the dry weather, the crops look good here, but that could end at any time.

Larry

I washed the truck yesterday but did not detail it, resulting in about five drops of moisture from the sky. Things are gonna get bad here in short order.

It' possable mabe perhaps a little bit around the edges we've got a slight chance of rain.. :???: :???: If it does it'll turn into steam in midair! :frowns: :frowns:

peg4x4":rbpsblve said:
It' possable mabe perhaps a little bit around the edges we've got a slight chance of rain.. :???: :???: If it does it'll turn into steam in midair! :frowns: :frowns:
:D That is what happened the last time it "tried to rain" a month ago.

Send some heat up. Yesterday didn't shed the hoodie until 3 in the afternoon. Then put er back on at 5. Got up to 70 briefly. 56 out there right now, will need the hoodie again today. :roll:

" Worlds weather is out of control!" My all time "hot sheet" quote.