Is anyone turkey hunting this year?

Help Support CattleToday:

highgrit

Reaction score
We are having a banner year so far. Saturday morning I heard no less than 15 different birds gobbling. I could of killed 10 or more long beards so far. Everybody has at least 1 bird, except one of my buddies grandson. And he missed 2. I hope y'all are having a good season also.

You guys are tearing it up, congrats! A few more weeks here until it starts here. I've not heard any but people are saying they have been gobbling pretty good.

HG very nice birds . I rarely kill gobblers in the spring I like going out calling them in for people. I mostly only kill hens in the fall for T-giving and christmas. The season here starts mid next month.

J&D Cattle":1nedriig said:
You guys are tearing it up, congrats! A few more weeks here until it starts here. I've not heard any but people are saying they have been gobbling pretty good.
They've been gobbling like crazy here for the past couple of weeks. Problem is hearing them when the wind is whistling at 30-50 mph

dun":1aws24ej said:
J&D Cattle":1aws24ej said:
They've been gobbling like crazy here for the past couple of weeks. Problem is hearing them when the wind is whistling at 30-50 mph

Ain't that the truth. Suppossed to really get breezy today and tomorrow.

J&D Cattle":2tuo25pg said:
dun":2tuo25pg said:
J&D Cattle":2tuo25pg said:

Ain't that the truth. Suppossed to really get breezy today and tomorrow.
20-30 already got here. And that warm southern wind isn;t warm at all.

I am not kidding when I tell you that they were all over our back yard tonight - bet there was 50 of them.

No sport in shooting turkey - they come right to our grain bin to eat the spilled corn.

Same with the deer.

It is almost 40 yards from the kitchen window - just slide the window open and shoot.

Must be different in your part of the world - but up here we are over run with the dam(n)ed things

Rats with feathers - they are everywhere

Bez

highgrit":x0083f8v said:
We are having a banner year so far. Saturday morning I heard no less than 15 different birds gobbling. I could of killed 10 or more long beards so far. Everybody has at least 1 bird, except one of my buddies grandson. And he missed 2. I hope y'all are having a good season also.

Nice.
Our season doesn't open in the counties bordering me until April 15th. I will be in the woods.

They've been real active lately. I watched about 20 while feeding the cows today. I might need to slip out and go.

I roosted 2 long beards this afternoon. The kid's are going to try them in the morning. This is the most gobbling I have ever heard. CB I've been hunting with my muzzle loading shotgun. And when I kill one with that I am going to my Ruger old army muzzle loading pistol.

Bez__":dxw6kebk said:
I am not kidding when I tell you that they were all over our back yard tonight - bet there was 50 of them.

No sport in shooting turkey - they come right to our grain bin to eat the spilled corn.

Same with the deer.

It is almost 40 yards from the kitchen window - just slide the window open and shoot.

Must be different in your part of the world - but up here we are over run with the dam(n)ed things

Rats with feathers - they are everywhere

Bez

Same here, Bez. They come to eat corn from the silage wagon just a few yards away. I could pick them off from my door (if I was a decent shot, that is, which I am not)... Almost hit 5 big fat ones going down the driveway today. We have a resident flock of about 30.

highgrit":2jx8mn52 said:
I roosted 2 long beards this afternoon. The kid's are going to try them in the morning. This is the most gobbling I have ever heard. CB I've been hunting with my muzzle loading shotgun. And when I kill one with that I am going to my Ruger old army muzzle loading pistol.

That is what I will be toting this season as well.
It is a blast hunting with one.

Latest posts