Iowa Farm Fatality Report

Help Support CattleToday:

http://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/$department ... endocument

The most tragic of these accidents are the incredible number of children lost forever to their families.

I posted the above link from Victoria's site as a reminder to all farm families - never relax your vigilance on children on farms/ranches.

My younger daughter is going to school with a girl who's little 5 year old brother drownt in a dugout last fall - I believe it was the third child in this area to drown on a farm or ranch last fall - the poor girl is understandably going through an incredibly difficult time - as is her family.

We are currently in the middle of Spring Breakup, and I've got more gray hairs starting again due to the never ending fascination between our kids and all the high running water as the snow melts... between that water runoff and the bears waking hungry from their winter nap I can't say which is the worse of the two.

Work and play safely.

Take care.

ctlbaron":562xfjfn said:
There are ways to get killed on the farm we don't even think about.

Yup, a guy in our nearby town was getting a round bale off the top stack with his open cab tractor and spears chained to the bucket, well somehow the bale didnt get speared right and he was to high, the bale came over the bucked landed right on him and broke his neck, can happen pretty quick allways should be paying attention :shock:

The sad part is that we just had 2 more guys killed within the last 6 days from bull attacks in NE Iowa. What amazes me is that they weren't "young and dumb" they were both over 60 I think and should have known better.

We fed out a CharxAngus bull for our freezer last year and I always had a very healthy respect and lack of trust for him, even though he would come and beg for a scratch across the fence and acted more like a dog than a bull.

My heart and prayers go out the the families of those two men.

Cheyenne

Latest posts