• Cable Modem

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • T1 or Other

• Satellite

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cable modem for Cypress. Very fast, so post away with the pics!

Also have a (wireless) router, so I can sit in the backyard with the laptop and laugh at the latest of Hill Creek who knows.

Chrisy, what's up with the queen mum avatar? I like the flag better ;-)

I have WildBlue satellite here. Being in college, I needed somewhat high speed because most of our work is online. It was either WildBlue or Hughes, which cost much more. Dialup really isnt even an option, since we dont have a phone line, just cell phones.

WildBlue is slower than the DSL that I had living with my parents in Houston, but its definately plenty good for me.

cypressfarms":1m6y6shq said:
Cable modem for Cypress. Very fast, so post away with the pics!

Also have a (wireless) router, so I can sit in the backyard with the laptop and laugh at the latest of Hill Creek who knows.

Chrisy, what's up with the queen mum avatar? I like the flag better ;-)

that is the Queen, in my Avatar. I was thinking of going back to the flag, will have to try find it again. :roll:

Saltydawg":2xk9btfp said:
jack.diamond":2xk9btfp said:
SD,

Check out the website below. All you need to do is fill in your telephone number and see what's available.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/discover/ ... Bundle.jsp

JD

Thanks JD!

I currently have dishnetwork for TV and they don't offer any sort of broadband speeds.

Do you have any experience with this DirectTV broadband?

I've heard mixed results regarding satellite service.

SD,

I have DSL for the computer, but the satellite connections are Direct TV for the television. We get offered "deals" to change
but so far the setup we have works just fine.

JD

M Gravlee":21khb35t said:
I ran this poll in Jan 2004. Bet the results today are a lot different!

Can you tell us how different the results are? I'd be interested. Our high speed wireless is still a work in progress. So far today it's been good. Some days it's very frustrating, but when it works, it's great. If they don't get it worked out by the first of the year, we're going to seriously look at the satellite system. Using this has made me realize that I'd hate to go back to dial up. I don't see DSL ever coming to my place. I've read that "broadband" is the coming thing. That with the card you will be able to get internet from any cell phone tower. That may be something to watch in the future.

Frankie":fodjsphr said:
M Gravlee":fodjsphr said:
I ran this poll in Jan 2004. Bet the results today are a lot different!

Can you tell us how different the results are? I'd be interested. Our high speed wireless is still a work in progress. So far today it's been good. Some days it's very frustrating, but when it works, it's great. If they don't get it worked out by the first of the year, we're going to seriously look at the satellite system. Using this has made me realize that I'd hate to go back to dial up. I don't see DSL ever coming to my place. I've read that "broadband" is the coming thing. That with the card you will be able to get internet from any cell phone tower. That may be something to watch in the future.

do you not have WAP on your Mobile (Cell) phone? I can use my mobile for web and it doesn't cost me a thing, I can connect up to my computer at home and down load from it to the phone, where ever I am, it is brilliant, if an e-mail comes in it pages me I can pick it up and answer if I want. and I can use it all over the World. with no extra cost.

Still the same ol dial up here, been begging for just about anything better. 28.8 is best we ever get.

No cable, no dsl.

Seems we are the red head step child of the state.

Talked with several folks that went to satelite, but most arent satisfied..............seems some aspect still requires dial up. I have yet to understand, but they tell me it's still way to slow for the money being charged.

oh well...........will wait for my daughter to develop a real interest in it, and I am sure she wil explain it to me one day, just like she di for me with the VCR when she was about 7 years old. ;-) :cboy:

Latest posts