Poll - Age

Help Support CattleToday:

What is your age bracket?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alisonb

Reaction score
Testing - creating a Poll.

Thought it would be interesting to find out what the 'average' Users age on CT is :p.

Started this occupation a little late in life. 49yo now, but didn't even start until I was retired @45.

Data from the last census: The data, which was released by the Census Bureau last month and analyzed by the Brookings Institution, reveals the 166 million Americans under the age of 40 -- millennials, Gen Z and younger generations -- make up 50.7% of the population, as of July 2019. There are 162 million Americans in the combined Gen X, baby boomer, and older cohorts.
This is just my thought on this us old folks better get out of the way a new generation is coming with their own ideas.

Testing - creating a Poll.

Thought it would be interesting to find out what the 'average' Users age on CT is :p.
Your largest demographic is 50 to 70 multinational. Here in my neck of the woods the under 60 crowd is rare. Not interested in the work that goes with it, too many ways to generate wealth.

I crossed the 70 line a few months back

2017 USDA AG census survey says:
Other demographic highlights include:

• The average age of all producers is 57.5, up 1.2 years from 2012.
  • The number of producers who have served in the military is 370,619, or 11 percent of all. They are older than the average at 67.9.
  • There are 321,261 young producers age 35 or less on 240,141 farms. Farms with young producers making decisions tend to be larger than average in both acres and sales.
  • More than any other age group, young producers make decisions regarding livestock, though the difference is slight.
  • One in four producers is a beginning farmer with 10 or fewer years of experience and an average age of 46.3. Farms with new or beginning producers making decisions tend to be smaller than average in both acres and value of production.
  • Thirty-six percent of all producers are female and 56 percent of all farms have at least one female decision maker. Farms with female producers making decisions tend to be smaller than average in both acres and value of production.
  • Female producers are most heavily engaged in the day-to-day decisions along with record keeping and financial management.

greybeard the "10 or fewer years experience" is probably misleading. I'd probably visited 100 sale barns before I was 10 years old. Drove tractors and remember steering the truck in granny gear between the bales when I couldn't reach any pedals. In my late teens I had vowed to never own a cow since I had already had my gut full. Never say never.

Latest posts