Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Macon

Not much has changed for me in the last couple of years. lol
Thanks for the site.
I enjoy it alot
MD

i voted for dialup, though i sometimes use DSL when it is working (rare). when it works it works! but my dialup is dependable.

Beefy":1zz546ne said:
i voted for dialup, though i sometimes use DSL when it is working (rare). when it works it works! but my dialup is dependable.

Something is bad wrong if your DSL does not work and your phone does. Do you have it configured properly?

Go to: http://www.dslreports.com and click on tools to check it out.

I'm so spoiled. Here at the ranch office (where i do nearly all my computing) we have the T1 line. Its amazing. 100.0 Mbps all the time.

MOST of the connection for me is through wireless/ethernet, I'm not using the dialup anymore on the farm cause it's soooooo slow!

(We're looking to go to wireless on the farm hopefully soon, so the stone-age internet connection'll go the way of the dinosaurs. :lol: )

My phone company told me last year that I am 330 ft. to far away from DSL.I've thrown rocks at cows 330 ft.I've been waiting a year for technology to come another 330ft. to my house and I'll keep waiting.

Went to wireless a couple of months ago. It's twice the cost of our old dial up and the old ISP provided 10mb of storage for personal web pages and the new one doesn;t. I was kind of wishywashy about it the higher speed until I had to upgrade some software. Under the dialup the estimated time was over 4 hours, with the wireless it took just over 3 minutes. That pretty well sold me on the deal. Macon was kind enough to provide me with the space on one the servers (for a nominal fee) for the web page so things are much better. BTW, the wireless isn;t affected by electrical storms, strangely enough, our old dial up and the telephone lines were. Probably too much aerial wire between us and town and it acted like an antennae.

dun

Saltydawg":1gctqr5o said:
Dial up, nothing else available here

SD,

If you have satellite television, you may be able to get wireless internet through the service. I know Direct TV offers it.

JD

Wild Blue Satalite, fast and efficient, except in extremly cloudy conditions. Have 3 computers and all have internet service with out interfearing with each other. We can also talk on the phone while being on the net
It is more expensive but worth it.

Latest posts